Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Defect question please help.

Started by Stelios · 28 Feb 2013 · 17 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

SteliosArchived member
Hey ladies and gents I received a defect off our beautiful friends of the law on the weekend, they done me for a minor. Got done for rear tyres, exhaust and ride height(which it isn't the idiot was trying to fit her book under the car which was 300mm high) but they have ticked that I need a roadworthy on the defect notice. So my question is do I need to take my car vl into vic roads with a road worthy or do I just take the roadworthy in to get the defect cleared?? Any help would be great. Thanks stelios
0 likes
FAQPSIArchived member
Some ViC Roads like to come out check that the defect items have been done so......Get a roadworthy and go to Camberwell Vic roads as they dont have a viewing bay and they clear it without seeing it as long as you have a roadworthy Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SteliosArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by FAQPSI [View Post] Some ViC Roads like to come out check that the defect items have been done so......Get a roadworthy and go to Camberwell Vic roads as they dont have a viewing bay and they clear it without seeing it as long as you have a roadworthy That's a good point George might give it a crack. Thanks bro Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
88_vl_bt1Archived member
yes as said go to camberwell with the roadworthy.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Take rwc and not the car!
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Sometimes you go into vic roads and they dont want to see your car, most of the times i was defected they requested to see my car and they inspected it. So a vic roads with no inspection bay is a win Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
ChemicalArchived member
yeah wish i knew about camberwell back in the day lol, everytime i got done the pricks at south oakleigh always came out to sus it out
0 likes
jmz-anthArchived member
When I got my first car and first defect I got a major from a dandenong cop while I was in werribee and at the time I lived in geelong and went and got a rwc which cost me about $1200 and I get to vicroads to clear it and they said it wasn't even on there system :/ after 2 weeks.. I was like wtf?!?!
0 likes
chasdmArchived member
Give the rwc to your mum and get her to take it in! worked for me..lol Guy at the counter said to mum "wheres the car" Mum said "im not driving the bloody thing" Guy said "ok" and clears the car. Pissed my\self when mum came home and told me..
0 likes
IMFSTRArchived member
I thought you don't need a rwc for a minor ? Only on a major defect ? I got done on a minor and all I had to do was fix the items and go I to vicroads so they inspected it, all done. Unless its changed an depends on what you get done ?
0 likes
SteliosArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by chasdm [View Post] Give the rwc to your mum and get her to take it in! worked for me..lol Guy at the counter said to mum "wheres the car" Mum said "im not driving the bloody thing" Guy said "ok" and clears the car. Pissed my\self when mum came home and told me.. Haha nice. My vl is reg in my dads name so might try the same thing lol Quote: Originally Posted by IMFSTR [View Post] I thought you don't need a rwc for a minor ? Only on a major defect ? I got done on a minor and all I had to do was fix the items and go I to vicroads so they inspected it, all done. Unless its changed an depends on what you get done ? Yer that's what I thought to but on the notice she's ticked that roadworthy is required. Honestly don't think she knew what she was doing? But then again probably better than a cop that knew what he was looking at lol
0 likes
FAQPSIArchived member
Just to clarify, a rwc is required for a minor but not for a major defect. With a minor a RWC needs to be produced. With a major a Vic roads inspector goes over the defect items in the pits to ensure repairs have been made.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by FAQPSI [View Post] Just to clarify, a rwc is required for a minor but not for a major defect. With a minor a RWC needs to be produced. With a major a Vic roads inspector goes over the defect items in the pits to ensure repairs have been made. Incorrect. And i am speaking from experience. For a minor, you do not need a rwc. On your defect notice, it will tell you that a rwc is not required. UNLESS the cop ticked it.. Minor= NO RWC Major= RWC, and they want to see your car. Unless there lazy.
0 likes
GM.0870Archived member
Major or Minor - if the cop has ticked the RWC box you need to get one!
0 likes
FAQFPVArchived member
^^^ this man is correct I've had 23 of the ****s it's up to the cop weather they think the car needs a full inspection by a licensed rwc tester
0 likes
bLuj3tArchived member
try get a female behind the counter, i bought mine too vicroads thinking they needed too check the items i had to be replaced. she goes "oh no i dont need too see the car i just need to see the rwc". she came out with a scraper, took the defect notice off and let me go :/
0 likes
UND_CVRArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by bLuj3t [View Post] try get a female behind the counter, i bought mine too vicroads thinking they needed too check the items i had to be replaced. she goes "oh no i dont need too see the car i just need to see the rwc". she came out with a scraper, took the defect notice off and let me go :/ Same thing happened to me once and from that day I never bring my car. I get 3 waiting tickets and I don't go up until a female calls my number. I show her the roady and say my mum has the car for work and I'll take the sticker off when I get home. The roady is proof that the car is safe they just do the paperwork
0 likes
SteliosArchived member
Thanks for the info guys. Now all I need to do is get a roady and get my car back on the road Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 6 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today43

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 305 images saved from CT