Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
hello,
anyone built yet Gas Reaserch rb26/30 motor ?
maybe looking at gas routine
thanks Gerry
0 likes
It wouldn't be a whole lot different to doing a single cam head. What do u need to know?
0 likes
pretty much , the kit I need to run
is it better setup to run than petrol
and cost wise for the setup
0 likes
Well you may get a rebate, so cost wise I'd say it's about the same as petrol to set up.
Is it better? I'm not sure what you mean - fuel economy, probably slightly better, it will use more LPG than petrol to do the equivalent kms but it's cheaper.
It's not as good as E85 fuel for boost and power, and there are only a few workshops that actually play with gas performance setups, and advertise that they do. To be honest you'd need to assess why you want to run LPG before you convert it.
0 likes
thanks for rply
I found that e85 in Canberra only 2 servos sell it, eflex .
cant really drive any where out of town wit e85 - even Canberra to syd no servos sell it or even drive to the south coast. I find lpg available everywhere even country towns,
lgp would be better than unleaded fuel but e85 best out of all but limited to use it
Gerry
0 likes
With most aftermarket computers you can run two fuel maps really easily, and when you're racing or giving it a squirt you can just switch it over, and run an additional small 30-40 fuel cell in the boost with e85 in it.
0 likes