Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Steering rack

Started by yort · 19 Feb 2013 · 3 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

yortArchived member
Hi Is there any difference between a VL and VP power steering racks? Is the any difference between a V8 rack and the 6 cyl racks? Cheers
0 likes
WaughyArchived member
I don't think there's a difference between 6 and 8, but the VL has a round splined shaft where the intermediate bolts on and I'm pretty sure the VP is square. They did change at some point, I think it was VP as I know you can fit a VN rack to a VL and use the same intermediate.
0 likes
DA HOONArchived member
slight differences but nothing major in regards to mounting and what not.
0 likes
yortArchived member
Cheers, yup the VP when to key like shaft instead of the splined one
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT