Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Oil pressure spec

Started by HDTLE3LT · 15 Feb 2013 · 4 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

HDTLE3LTArchived member
Trying to find a oil pressure spec for a rb30 idling at running temp but can't seem to find a actual spec for this Any info would be appreciated
0 likes
TroyVKArchived member
Not sure about an rb but my 2j at cold is around 110psi and warm idle I think was about 45-50psi
0 likes
HDTLE3LTArchived member
Yeah I can't get a definitive answer i been trying to find out but no luck My calais is starting to show low oil pressure but wanted to know a exact figure when I put a guage on it
0 likes
madrexArchived member
From what ive read and see with mine and others there about 10 psi for every 1000 rpm except when cold mine is 60psi cold at idle then drops down to about 20psi at idle
0 likes
HDTLE3LTArchived member
Ok thanks now I got a ballpark figure just want to see if my oil pressure sender is out or if I'm actually losing oil pressure
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT