Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Injector sizing needed to run e85 comfortably

Started by xxl vlt · 14 Feb 2013 · 19 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

xxl vltArchived member
Hi guys currently running 850 cc injectors around 80 to 85% on pump fuel just wondering what size inj everyone else is running on e85 I need to upgrade but to how much thanks troy
0 likes
vl4skidsArchived member
Indy blue, 1600cc
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
i run 2200cc
0 likes
xxl vltArchived member
Thanks guys at what cost roughly r those injectors and where to purchase them any recommendations.t
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Between $600 and $800 and I get mine from Justin @ Tuff Car Parts who is a forum sponsor. I believe Sticks also sells them and he is also a forum sponsor.
0 likes
TUXEDOArchived member
I also bought my Bosch 2200cc injectors from Justin at Tuff Car Parts. In fact I've bought A LOT of parts for My VL from Justin.
0 likes
MADVLT1Archived member
I also run the bosch 2200. Mine are only running on 55% duty cycle.
0 likes
tzatzikiArchived member
i.d (injector dynamics)2000 cc injectors
0 likes
vlct2010Archived member
injectors online is a website could try there mate Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
RB2530Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by MADVLT1 [View Post] I also run the bosch 2200. Mine are only running on 55% duty cycle. How much Hp that make at 55% duty cycle? What sort of base pressure you run?
0 likes
xxl vltArchived member
Thank u everyone I appreciate ur time and great advice will start looking regards troy
0 likes
JET-64UArchived member
U don't need 2000's I got 1600's with 950wrhp and still got plenty left
0 likes
MADVLT1Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by RB2530 [View Post] How much Hp that make at 55% duty cycle? What sort of base pressure you run? Its made 900 fly wheel hp on 26 psi. I havent put it on a chassis dyno yet. Waste gate is 17 psi spring and only have a high of 20 at them moment. Getting new radiator made and troy is going to adjust the cams them he will tune it to 30 psi. Got to get it all done before I take it to them street meet in march.
0 likes
EVLRB30Archived member
Go with the bosch 2200's as there is one thing I have learnt with cars is go for the bigger to start with in these cases it may cost a little extra but u don't know what u will do in the future, if u decide to change combos etc at least you know you won't have to upgrade your fuel system
0 likes
xxl vltArchived member
Does any one have 1600cc or 2200cc large o ring style injectors for sale sec hand or new thanks
0 likes
abrowne70Archived member
Talk to Justin at Tuff Car Parts like has been mentioned. He'll look after you
0 likes
Jet R31Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by EVLRB30 [View Post] Go with the bosch 2200's as there is one thing I have learnt with cars is go for the bigger to start with in these cases it may cost a little extra but u don't know what u will do in the future, if u decide to change combos etc at least you know you won't have to upgrade your fuel system ^^^this man knows...lol cheers darren
0 likes
SLSLEEPERArchived member
What ever you do don't buy secondhand get 6 Id 2000 injectors that way they they are very closely matched , no lean out in any of the cylinders . All the best
0 likes
TURBZArchived member
Imo go with the id2000 injectors.. I had the id1000's at 90% duty with 372rwkw on e85 and it idled mint like they where standard injectors. Let me know if you want some, I can get them at trade price.
0 likes
abrowne70Archived member
What are id2000's going for these days?
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today29

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 216 images saved from CT