Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

LPG Prices ??? Where are they going !

Started by Ceboazouz · 5 Feb 2013 · 10 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

CeboazouzArchived member
Does anyone know if the goverment have any Future Incentives for LPG in cars ? Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
XEC747Archived member
No, that's why the put the excise up last year. No doubt to recoup the cost of the rebate.
0 likes
XEC747Archived member
Another price rise tomorrow. I'm told it will be going up about 12 cents a litre due to government lifting excise again.
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
It was 85c a litre in Ballarat, it'll be cheaper to run my daily on E10 soon, as I only get 350km to a tank of LPG (60 litres).
0 likes
GouldyArchived member
I spoke to friend of mine who owns a servo he told me the service stations are paying 20c a litre more for gas now so they're passing it on to the consumer don't expect to see gas under 88-90c in the next couple weeks
0 likes
XEC747Archived member
The actual price rise shouldn't have been 20c a litre. More like 15c. I was told it was 99c on the peninsula. LPG doesn't have a price cycle like petrol does. One price is paid per month so it should only change once a month. Profiteering at it's finest, yet the ACCC won't do jack.
0 likes
WaughyArchived member
99.9 at the local Caltex near Nelson Bay. Took me by surprise as the last time I took notice it was around 75cpl. I can remember when it was in the 50's, I also remember petrol being under $1, and the uproar when it jumped from 60 odd to 80's. A mate was a manager at a BP and tried to tell me it wuld never go over $1 as the bowsers only went to 99.9, lying (P)rick.
0 likes
LUXJETArchived member
My local servo is about 82c, warrnambool apco was 75ish and colac BP was 95.9 yesterday, I pulled the nozzle out, seen the price, hung it up and went to tell the lady I wasn't paying that much.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
I understnad that 99cents is very expensive for gas, but its still cheaper then paying $1.70 for premium... So why the constant bitching from gas users? I mean in general, people who use gas always complain about the bowser price the most.
0 likes
mikesmithArchived member
yes it is cheaper than premium but an engine uses more gas to the km than petrol so it works out pretty even in the end. gas is a rip now used to be worthwhile. better off going to e85 for the better octane rating then u dont need a dirty tank in the back anywhere just use what u have.
0 likes
RB-30-ETArchived member
don't get too excited about E85's future, looks like our government is stepping in to cut funding. http://www.unitedpetroleum.com.au/un...at-of-closure- (http://www.unitedpetroleum.com.au/united/news/news-item/news/2014/02/17/dalby-ethanol-bio-refinery-under-threat-of-closure-)
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today91

7,519 threads, 49,751 posts and 725 images saved from CT

22.0% of indexed threads saved