Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

My 88 VL Executive (NEW)

Started by Pezz95 · 4 Feb 2013 · 30 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Pezz95Archived member
Make / Model: 88 VL Executive Colour: Venetian Red Bodykit: Stock Engine Type: RB30E Engine Mods: Stock Power: Need more Exhaust: Stock Gearbox: Stock Diff: Stock Brakes: Disc breaks Suspension: To damn high! Wheels/Tyres: Stock hubcaps Interior: Cream vinyl Stereo: cassette player (disconnected) Pioneer 4� speakers, Sony Xplode amp, Pioneer 1200W 12� Sub, AUX cord running from amp Future mods: Respray, spray, Extractors, New exhaust, Rust on rear window, Ultra Lows, List goes on Okay guys, I have here a 88 VL Commodore that I bought late November 2012. I bought it while I was on my Ls and didn�t do much to it kinda sat there till I got my Ps because of low income. It was owned by a old guy and hasn�t been thrashed, im the 2nd owner and it has only done 181,000ks. Hardly any dents but for its age pretty good These are the photos from gumtree before I bought it. The first ride home while I was on my Ls still A bit of the interior and what the car looked like A while ago I was digging around home and found 3 police interceptor rims, 2 good but the third to rusty. I decided to keep them and spray them silver. Took me about 2 weeks but I finally sprayed the rims, came up good I think. I have the nuts and center caps but not a photo of them. ---------- Post added 05-02-13 at 14:29 ---------- Found out im driving up to the river on the weekend, will post photos guys (: Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
fleasArchived member
Keep it stock. Would be ashamed if that parcel shelf cops a hammering from the speaker holes. I reckon maybe lower it a bit, other than that like you said, A respray will set it off. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Venetians and turbo hubbies Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Pezz95Archived member
@fleas Yeah i dont want much hassle from the police so im trying to keep it as stock as I can with making it look good as well haha @MUS i think besides a chip venetians is the next thing im doing, I cant turbo it yet im on my Ps ---------- Post added 14-02-13 at 09:41 ---------- On the weekend I headed up to the river, heres a few photos going up there I ordered a I indicator off ebay while I was away and waiting for it to come in the mail. ---------- Post added 14-02-13 at 10:17 ---------- Washing the car after the river with my mate becuase they were SO DAMN DUSTY! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Bt1 chip? Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Pezz95Archived member
Indicator came the other day, now alll I have to do is swap it over with the old one. ---------- Post added 18-02-13 at 14:37 ---------- bt1 chip on a stock vl haha (: Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Lol bt1 chip
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Yeah man, the bt1 chip provides a extra 30rw jiggawatts to n/a vls! Chirp second n shit.
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Hook it up to your flux capacitor and you have a monster VL on your hands! Ok ill stop hi jacking your thread now Looks clean mate, keen to see what you do with it Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Pezz95Archived member
hahaha nah your alright BigM22 (: but yes, more jiggawatts doc!! ---------- Post added 20-02-13 at 10:39 ---------- So I got sideswipped yesterday.. pretty pissed off but most of the damage was to the other car but still annoyed, my car is getting fixed tomorrow so im thankful they got onto it so quick. Good old shannons. Heres a photo of the damage, its only my bumper thats cracked, tail light and a bit of the moulding that goes around the tail light is stuffed. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Pezz95Archived member
picked up some tail lights and a garnish for 30 bucks and also another garnish for 5 bucks This is one of the garnish panels that had a high spot so ive been sanding it back this is the end product, should be on the car soon. ---------- Post added 04-03-13 at 11:43 ---------- The garnish panels need to be sanded back and given another coat or two Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Pezz95Archived member
Just finished putting on the tail lights and garnish, very happy with the outcome heres a few pics heres them on (sorry for **** quality) ---------- Post added 06-03-13 at 20:15 ---------- Better photos will be up when i take her out for a drive (: Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Did you spray the lights with normal spray paint?
0 likes
Pezz95Archived member
didnt spray the lights themselves just the surrounding but yeah normal spray paint pretty sure, my old man picked it up
0 likes
Pezz95Archived member
Quick update: Booked my exhaust yesterday and got it put on that day, I got a 2 1/4" catback with just a single pipe tip. Set me back $330 (:
0 likes
Pezz95Archived member
Got some VT GTS rims last night guys, I really like them heres a few pictures (: Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
Needs low
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
+1 for low with those wheels especially
0 likes
Pezz95Archived member
yeah i know, it looks like a monster truck right now but im saving up for super lows at the front and super super lows at the back most probably
0 likes
MUSArchived member
More like a hilux at the moment lol. Bigger wheels on cars with standard height looks bad! The sooner you slam it the better. Otherwise looks nice Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today47

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 354 images saved from CT