Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›CalaisTurbo archive
CalaisTurbo archive

vl a8 motor

Started by Nackerz · 19 Jan 2013 · 12 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

NackerzArchived member
Thinking of selling my genuine rb30et a8 engine from a vl turbo Is just a long motor. Head has been removed when I brought it to inspect. I have a set of Hastings rings and a set of bearings (Can't remember if there main or big ends) You would just need the other set of bearings and gasket kit. The bores are in mint condition, Has had very little use this engine. I would suspect it has done less then 150,000 k's. Bottom end is still together, Just has the head taken off... No inlet and exhaust manifolds. Has rocker cover, would need a fresh coat of paint as its a bit sad. You can still buy the wrinkle red paint from autobahn etc. I'm located near benalla VIC. May freight at your expense or can deliver for a fee if not too far Chasing 1500 ono Text only as don't get on the net much [phone removed] Also have Crossover pipe in original condition $150 Pacemaker 3" dump pipe $125 T3 short dump $100 Twin turbo manifold suit rb30 $800 Vl v8 k-frame $150 Hurst pro shifter 2 make an offer
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
Prices are negotiable
0 likes
251NFLArchived member
Is the shifter 3 speed?
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
Pics of the shifter
0 likes
87rb30Archived member
Pics of engine and number on block? [phone removed] if you want to text them.
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
Sorry mate, ran out of time, got the engine number pic but hard to see. I can insure you its an a8 motor. Will get other pics when I get some more time and try and get a better one of engine number while I'm there
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Nackerz [View Post] Thinking of selling my genuine rb30et a8 engine from a vl turbo Is just a long motor. Head has been removed when I brought it to inspect. I have a set of Hastings rings and a set of bearings (Can't remember if there main or big ends) You would just need the other set of bearings and gasket kit. The bores are in mint condition, Has had very little use this engine. I would suspect it has done less then 150,000 k's. Bottom end is still together, Just has the head taken off... No inlet and exhaust manifolds. Has rocker cover, would need a fresh coat of paint as its a bit sad. You can still buy the wrinkle red paint from autobahn etc. I'm located near benalla VIC. May freight at your expense or can deliver for a fee if not too far Chasing 1500 ono Text only as don't get on the net much [phone removed] Also have Crossover pipe in original condition $150 Pacemaker 3" dump pipe $125 T3 short dump $100 Twin turbo manifold suit rb30 $800 Vl v8 k-frame $150 Hurst pro shifter 2 make an offer A8 now $1200 Crossover $100 Pacemaker 3" $100 T3 short dump $90 V8 K-frame $100 Need to sell asap. Cheers
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
Bump
0 likes
_Sawyer_Archived member
That number doesn't prove it's an a8 block
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
And why is that mate? Look under the engine number between the 0 & 8 you will see the 8 there. Like I said in the post with the pics, it's a **** pic an I will get a better one when I have time ---------- Post added 29-01-13 at 22:32 ---------- If you don't believe me, come and see for yourself. Like I said I can INSURE you that it is an a8
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
Well I have decided to clean the motor up and hone the bores, fit the new rings and bearings. Had a few time wasters, so this might help sell it. Some pics, and a better pic of the engine number. The bearing pics are the old bearings. Im in the process of stripping the engine down and thought I would get some of the engine's condition alone the way. Cheers
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
more pics
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
Will consider swapping for a complete walkinshaw body kit ---------- Post added 03-02-13 at 15:06 ---------- will deliver to Melbourne for $80 to Shep for $60 to Albury/Wodonga $80 NEED GONE TODAY SO MAKE ME AN OFFER
0 likes

This discussion is closed to new replies.

Who’s online

1 member and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today64

4,847 threads, 30,152 posts and 499 images saved from CT

14.2% of indexed threads saved