Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
just seen this on carsales think its legit? if it was closer i would consider it for sure
http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...-1987-14078822 (http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/holden-commodore-1987-14078822)
0 likes
Its only a plane ride away..
0 likes
wonder which wheel trims he's talking about having painted
I think this may have been from north coast of nsw previously and I recall some discussion about it on here or via email with a few people
a call and pics of id plates would help
0 likes
Im thinking perhaps berlina turbo caps?? ..
0 likes
It's the same one that was for sale on carsales a while ago Russ
0 likes
it looks clean/original, but $13K.. hmm
0 likes
yeh very true it is only a plane ride away
0 likes
Looks to have been repainted (at least) at the rear at least anyway. No black paint out behind the tail lights and the boot badges have been moved.
I'd also be very wary of the clock dash. I've seen a couple of turbo's with the clock dash as an original fit (confirmed by build sheets) BUT they're an extreme rarity and more than likely a swap.
0 likes
15-01-13, 13:04 GMT+10#10 Quote:
Originally Posted by VLTWhite1
[View Post]
Looks to have been repainted (at least) at the rear at least anyway. No black paint out behind the tail lights and the boot badges have been moved.
I'd also be very wary of the clock dash. I've seen a couple of turbo's with the clock dash as an original fit (confirmed by build sheets) BUT they're an extreme rarity and more than likely a swap.
My brothers old 'executive' VLT had the clock dash factory, was a one owner car with average kms on it, bit of a pov pack...open wheel diff etc...
Anyone looked at this one? Not a factory VLT but super clean....
http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...5&sort=default (http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/holden-commodore-1986-14074134?base=1216&vertical=Car&cr=0&eapi=2&__N=1246%201252%201247%201282%204294965857%204294965745%20897%201216&find=vl%20turbo%7cCarAll&silo=Stock&num=15&sort=default)
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
15-01-13, 14:26 GMT+10#11 It's a shame the red sl is not a factory turbo. Would really consider buying, maybe still if it were cheaper.
0 likes
15-01-13, 18:17 GMT+10#12 its nothing special for 13k...anyone can take their original sl turbo back to factory spec like this to make it look "unmolested" ..and even if those k's are genuine, still not worth 13k
0 likes
15-01-13, 18:51 GMT+10#13 What is that red one supposed to be?
Badge says SL, add says Executive, looks like Berlina!
0 likes
15-01-13, 18:57 GMT+10#14 interior would say exec or sl, he's just put berlina taillights and pinstripe on.
0 likes
15-01-13, 18:58 GMT+10#15 I saw that red one, looks neat, I like the interoir
0 likes
15-01-13, 19:35 GMT+10#16 My v8 exec has a clock dash standard fit
0 likes
15-01-13, 19:39 GMT+10#17 Can anyone vouch for the build quality of the red sl. Seriously considering having a look.
Would be much appreciated.
0 likes
15-01-13, 20:53 GMT+10#18 Quote:
Originally Posted by VLTWhite1
[View Post]
No black paint out behind the tail lights and the boot badges have been moved.
I'd also be very wary of the clock dash. .
Those are the first things I noticed too. Thought hmmm, the badge placement isnt right (supposed to read "Executive TURBO" and not "TURBO Executive")
And the clock dash I thought was unusual. Usually the Turbo's have a tacho dash. Was going to post earlier about the clock dash. But couldnt be 100% certain because its auto and I thought well yeah, they (from factory) could've put a clock dash in an auto turbo Executive.
0 likes
16-01-13, 19:51 GMT+10#19 Can anyone vouch for the build quality of the red sl. Seriously considering having a look.
Would be much appreciated.
0 likes
16-01-13, 21:24 GMT+10#20 It came to the cruise once, car is nice. The not genuine part though is kinda a killer for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSNPWR
[View Post]
My brothers old 'executive' VLT had the clock dash factory, was a one owner car with average kms on it, bit of a pov pack...open wheel diff etc...
Anyone looked at this one? Not a factory VLT but super clean....
http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...5&sort=default (http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/holden-commodore-1986-14074134?base=1216&vertical=Car&cr=0&eapi=2&__N=1246%201252%201247%201282%204294965857%204294965745%20897%201216&find=vl%20turbo%7cCarAll&silo=Stock&num=15&sort=default)
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes