Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Die cast/toy VLs

Started by TheChad · 14 Jan 2013 · 3 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

TheChadArchived member
Does anyone in WA, preferably SOR suburbs have a model/toy VL that they wouldn't mind me spending an hour with? Preferably a scale model... I am looking to generate some 3D models to do some aerodynamic analysis on the shape of our beloved house bricks. If anyone has one, preferably a standard shape SL/Calais etc I would greatly appreciate some time to take some photos of it. I will pay in beer! Ideally I'll borrow it for an hour at your convenience and take it to my brother to get some high res DSLR shots. This isn't a business venture, I'll do it modelling in my own time at Uni and generate some aerodynamic figures that I'll share with the greater CT community. Jack
0 likes
burgo88Archived member
Yeah I think I have one at mums. It's only small but.
0 likes
inkArchived member
Just use a brick...the aerodynamics are of shockingly similar proportions What was GM smoking??
0 likes
TheChadArchived member
Thanks burgo, there's a guy I found through my other thread who has 3d models, I'll chase him up first because the raw modelling is time consuming. I'll hit you up if I need to pop over and take some pictures of the car.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 7 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today46

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 346 images saved from CT