Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Nick's 87 VL Calais white/silver

Started by VLT222 · 13 Jan 2013 · 6 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

VLT222Archived member
Make / Model: 87 VL Calais Series II Colour: Alpine White Engine Type: RB30E Exhaust: 2 1/4 cat back w/ 4" dumpy Gearbox: Standard lazy auto Diff: 3.45 LSD 28 Spline axels Brakes: Disc's all round Suspension: Super lows front/rear Wheels/Tyres: 17" random rims Interior: Clean and all standard, all electronics work Stereo: Kenwood headunit, 4" kenwoods, alpine 6x9s in the rear Updated on: 13/1/13 Future mods: 15" Calais rims, clean up engine bay/ interior, honeycomb grill, RESPRAY! Okay guys, your might remember my red SL I had a thread on, well that has now been sold and I have bought this Calais. The paint is terrible and it has a small amount of rust under the windscreens. All the electronics work (power windows, cruise control) and the interior is pretty immaculate apart from a rip in the front drivers seat and passenger door trim. I got it pretty cheap considering its condition, even the pop-up lights work. The night I got it.. Then I made massive 2 page long list of what I want to do to it and got cracking... the never ending build begins Cleaning the bay up a bit The rust... Starting to strip bits off it.. My 2 babies :P Anyways guys, the first thing on the list is the respray so ill put updates up soon.. Hope you's enjoy this build aswell, all feedback is welcome... Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
As if u got rid of the red exec! That was a good build in the making Oh well good luck with this one mate, will be keen to see how it turns out
0 likes
VLT222Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by BigM22 [View Post] As if u got rid of the red exec! That was a good build in the making Oh well good luck with this one mate, will be keen to see how it turns out I know man, it kills me to see it go aswell, but i sold it to a mate anyway, he might even put a new thread up for it. I got the calais for a good price, and it will just as good, if not better than the executive... Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
Same boat I was in last year, bought a white over silver Calais with stuffed paint and rust. Got it for cheap and was cheering but the same as yours needed full respray and body work, I got over it and threw the towel in as it was too much. Had red interior too . Anyway, now I've got a mint gold exec which will hopefully be the last vl I buy a hahah . Good luck mate, will keep following this build Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VLT222Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by priceysVL [View Post] Same boat I was in last year, bought a white over silver Calais with stuffed paint and rust. Got it for cheap and was cheering but the same as yours needed full respray and body work, I got over it and threw the towel in as it was too much. Had red interior too . Anyway, now I've got a mint gold exec which will hopefully be the last vl I buy a hahah . Good luck mate, will keep following this build Well I dont think I get sick of it, I hope I dont anyway, should be a good build.. I remember your red wagon thread, was following it up untill you pulled the screens out. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
And that's how it's stayed, I'm getting rid of it, got a gold exec sedan now. Would've bought your red exec off you straight away if I had seen earlier
0 likes
VLT222Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by priceysVL [View Post] And that's how it's stayed, I'm getting rid of it, got a gold exec sedan now. Would've bought your red exec off you straight away if I had seen earlier You should put up a thread on it, I didnt have it advertised long before it was sold, Was only up on gumtree for a day and a bit before someone bought it.. I should of put it up in the for sale thread.. owell
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT