Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Hi stall. Where to buy cheap good brands?

Started by IDAREU · 13 Jan 2013 · 11 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

IDAREUArchived member
Hey guys in the market for a hi stall. Wondering if there is a online shop or a good place to buy 1. I jumped on eBay n there isn't much on there. I'm chasing a 2.8 possibly 3 for my car. Vs senator 215.
0 likes
RB-GEMArchived member
Try tce , tct or dominator . If it's off the shelf it may be cheaper . I paid a grand for mine , it's a tct/accelerator converter .
0 likes
boosted_wagonArchived member
Call dominator and speak to Jason tell him your a mate of Graeme from Brisbane with the vl wagon.... He will give u a killer price
0 likes
cava454Archived member
I'd go tce before dominator
0 likes
IDAREUArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by boosted_wagon [View Post] Call dominator and speak to Jason tell him your a mate of Graeme from Brisbane with the vl wagon.... He will give u a killer price Cheers mate will do tomorrow and let you know how I go. I'm not chasing the best of best converters. Just something I can put in while my auto is gettin fixed. So I can have some fun and still use the car on country roads ---------- Post added 13-01-13 at 19:03 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by cava454 [View Post] I'd go tce before dominator Just out of curiosity. Why is that?
0 likes
cava454Archived member
Know of a few ppl who had dominator and then changed to tce and picked up .1-.2 tenths.
0 likes
cava454Archived member
Everyone will have their own opinions and stories tho. I personally run a tce and couldn't be happier.
0 likes
IDAREUArchived member
What price do u think I would b looking at? For say 2.8 lock up?
0 likes
cava454Archived member
For tce at least $1000. But I wouldn't waste my time buying a converter for 2800.
0 likes
IDAREUArchived member
What should I put in? I'm planing on doin the diff soon aswell. But not the engine for a while.
0 likes
cava454Archived member
Depends on what combo your planning to build. Minimum I'd go in a Naturally Aspirated combo would be 3200ish.
0 likes
RB-GEMArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by cava454 [View Post] Everyone will have their own opinions and stories tho. I personally run a tce and couldn't be happier. It's funny you say that as the guys at tce & tct all worked at dominator at some point . Tct will prob be cheaper and just as good . My converter cost me a grand but is custom ford c4 to suit ls1 , 9 inch 4000 stall .
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today39

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 273 images saved from CT