10-01-13, 11:42 GMT+10#1
G'day, hoping someone can help me out here. I've searched the forum but can't find what I'm looking for.
Helping a mate with his N/A VL manual. It was noticed that the dizzy was adjusted to its limit which was a concern. So we checked the timing and it was set to 30deg!
We had just replaced:
Plugs
Leads
Dizzy cap
And rotor button.
We couldn't retard the timing any more cause the dizzy was adjust to full retard we thought the dizzy may have been a tooth out. Now after moving the dizzy a tooth we could only advance the timing as much as about 7deg. We moved it back and forth numerous times just I case me missed a tooth but no luck. Couldn't get anywhere near the 15deg.
So with we thought the CAS might be faulty and replaced it. No luck there either.
We are now looking towards the computer being at fault but hoping someone can either confirm this to possibly be causing the issue before we change it. Apart from that we are lost lol
The car runs premium fuel and is running rich too, but will sort that after the timing.
He said the timing was like that from when he bought it, the car was changed from auto to manual by a mechanic so I'm not sure if the current computer is an auto or manual.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Scott.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
0 likes
