Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hi all vl decided the centre bearing on tailshaft would let go today..!! :-( can anyone point me were to go to get one n a price on one?? Cheers hopefully can get fixed b4 th cruise
0 likes
Try Holdspares at cavan, I used to always get stuff from there and they are cheap.
or ask sprigzy, hes probably got 10 of them under his bed lol
0 likes
Yeah pretty easy just make sure you mark everything to keep the tail shaft in phase other wise u will have all sorts of vibration issues also make sure you lock tight the bolts!!!
0 likes
Ok thanks for the info guys...
0 likes
Hey all how much is a 1piece tailshaft cost supply n fit.. I needa kno asap cuz igs not just centre bearing thats stuffed... Any info is big help
0 likes
They are around the $350 mark from what I can remember.
0 likes
Is that from hardy spicer?? Wow thats not to bad.. 350 supply n fit? I got quoted 640 to fix standard one?
0 likes
Yeah that's what I remember pmac saying he paid for his, i'm unsure if it was Hardy Spicer or Adelaide tailshaft services though and it was just for the shaft.
They are piss easy to fit yourself, it's just a few bolts.
0 likes
03-01-13, 15:03 GMT+10#10 Don't get 1 piece if you car is lowered. It will rub on body
0 likes
03-01-13, 15:24 GMT+10#11 I will hit for sure. Don't get one from adelaide tail shafts. i had one made from there and it let go on the dyno on the first power run at 160 kph . Turned into a 3 piece tail shaft.
0 likes
03-01-13, 20:39 GMT+10#12 My car is lowered to lowest legal height... Ok do roughly bout 350 to buy.. Mmm well that saves me bit a cash.. N is it worth getting a 1 piece one made up?
0 likes
03-01-13, 20:47 GMT+10#13 Quote:
Originally Posted by vlct2010
[View Post]
My car is lowered to lowest legal height... Ok do roughly bout 350 to buy.. Mmm well that saves me bit a cash.. N is it worth getting a 1 piece one made up?
Dont get the 1 piece unless you want it to knock and rub on the body with more than 1 passenger, like the others said. You will hate it
I think a reco standard shaft would be the best bet for street use, otherwise an upgraded two piece (I think this will be more around $800-$1000?)
0 likes
03-01-13, 21:07 GMT+10#14 N wats different from standard n upgraded original one? I got quoted 640 to do centre bearing 2 uni joints and the centrifugal bearing? Plus kabour etc... Should av i just done that?
0 likes
03-01-13, 22:27 GMT+10#15 You should just get that one re done. Ring hardy spicer yourself and ask how much to centre bearing and both unis done and take it out yourself and take it to them. It's only 6 bolts to undo. I got a upgraded 2 piece 3 inch tube 1340 uni joint and bigger centre bearing like they use in the v8 supercars from final drive in Perth and it cost me 1500. If u want to save money take it out youself.
0 likes
04-01-13, 08:31 GMT+10#16 Ok cheers got a bit of researching to do now lol
0 likes