Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Anyone know where this part goes?

Started by jhevo · 24 Dec 2012 · 6 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

jhevoArchived member
Hi Guys and Girls, I'm in the process of putting my 1987 VL Calais interior back together and I'm a bit confused as to where this part goes? http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/a...psce9e48d4.jpg (http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad54/jhevo/IMG_20121222_192928_zpsce9e48d4.jpg) http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps91c7629d.jpg (http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad54/jhevo/IMG_20121222_192912_zps91c7629d.jpg) One side is thin wood and the other is carpet underlay. There is also a hole in the middle of it and one end is wider. All I remember is it came off from somewhere near the computer - Front passenger side. I've bolted the computer back on, but is this part meant to go over the top of the computer or something? Your help would be much appreciated. Merry Xmas! Jim.
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
thats you LHS side kick pannal mate. Goes over the computer, dummy fit it to your left kick pannel, Its no necessary. Merry X mass
0 likes
jhevoArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Turismo [View Post] thats you LHS side kick pannal mate. Goes over the computer, dummy fit it to your left kick pannel, Its no necessary. Merry X mass Thanks for your help! So which side goes over the computer, the wooden or the underlay?
0 likes
87VLSLArchived member
I had the same thing in a VL Berlina I have. It was just sitting on the floor next to the computer. I did not end up putting it back. Id imagine the underlay side would face the computer.
0 likes
AllTorqueArchived member
That part goes on the floor/inside firewall, passenger side, right hand side of the floor, then obviously the carpet goes over the top
0 likes
BrycecoArchived member
in passenger foot well under carpet where the air con drain pipe goes thru floor Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
jhevoArchived member
Thanks everyone for all your help on this. Really appreciate it. I can at least put some parts back together again Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today32

20,468 threads, 241,238 posts and 2,526 images saved from CT

59.8% of indexed threads saved