Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hi Im looking at getting a Jatco 3 speed fully rebuilt with the lot, to go with my up and coming build. (ive done a search)
Which shops in melbourne are the ones to speak to?
Please only comment if you have first hand experience
Thanks in advance
0 likes
Gzm speak to gorran
Every box I've had is spot on from them
0 likes
yeh same cant go wrong with gzm
0 likes
X3 ^^^ Yep gzm built mine awsome gearbox
0 likes
Random question, what are they priced like aprox?
0 likes
Mine was abit over $4000 with converter
0 likes
Is that for their full house, trans braked package?
0 likes
yeah it is, for around that money you get one with all the bells and whistles, he was telling me that he built one for a customer thats gone 8.80's consistantly, in my opinion thats a top effort and you cant go past that.
Even call and explain what your trying to achieve and he might be able to shed some light and tell you the easiest way
0 likes
Thanks heaps guys, ill give them(gzm) a call
0 likes
23-12-12, 22:15 GMT+10#10 Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsa
[View Post]
yeah it is, for around that money you get one with all the bells and whistles, he was telling me that he built one for a customer thats gone 8.80's consistantly, in my opinion thats a top effort and you cant go past that.
Even call and explain what your trying to achieve and he might be able to shed some light and tell you the easiest way
8.8 in a vl?, how do you keep a input shaft in them?
cheers
darren
0 likes
23-12-12, 22:23 GMT+10#11 Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet R31
[View Post]
8.8 in a vl?, how do you keep a input shaft in them?
cheers
darren
8.8 in an early RX7. GZM built them to handle 450kw. I just bought Keith's and I'm aiming for 350-400rwkw. I hope it doesn't break lol..
0 likes
24-12-12, 14:08 GMT+10#12 There is a gemini at the workshop where my car is runs 9.30s reliable with one 3speed 13b turbo brown one its at calder all the time and had a vid on fullboost
0 likes
24-12-12, 15:26 GMT+10#13 I personally wouldn't buy one if you're planning on racing a lot, go a glide - you'll break the jatco sooner or later, it's just money down the drain.
I've broken standard, Hi-Tuf and Vasco input shafts with them, it's pretty frustrating. I had a full house trimatic before that, $1800 for the box alone, and it was on par with the jatco.
0 likes
24-12-12, 18:22 GMT+10#14 ^^^^Not really looking at racing to much, more street car
0 likes
24-12-12, 22:57 GMT+10#15 yeah they're spot on for the street.
0 likes
25-12-12, 19:56 GMT+10#17 Quote:
Originally Posted by madrex
[View Post]
There is a gemini at the workshop where my car is runs 9.30s reliable with one 3speed 13b turbo brown one its at calder all the time and had a vid on fullboost
its a gemini..lol..geminis run 8.9's with trimatics..then put them in a vl..lol
weight kills auto boxes, so in a lighter car you can push them harder
---------- Post added 25-12-12 at 20:01 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUXEDO
[View Post]
8.8 in an early RX7. GZM built them to handle 450kw. I just bought Keith's and I'm aiming for 350-400rwkw. I hope it doesn't break lol..
Sounds like it should be well within the boundarys of a jatco in a vl. 400rwkw in S.A is probally mid to upper 130 mph traps.
I can't even remember now, but isn't it when you get to 140+mph's that people start breaking/twisting vasco input shafts generally or have some people had worse luck and broke/twisted them earlier?
cheers
darren
0 likes
08-01-13, 13:16 GMT+10#18 Anyone know if GZM are back from xmas break yet???
0 likes