Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hi all, I have recently finished rebuilding the engine in my wagon and am currently in the process of re-installing all the air con gear. Just wondering if anyone has retro fitted a newer/thinner condenser off another car? My original condenser was stuffed, and my intercooler wouldn't fit with the fan and dryer attached on the front. I just want to get some thoughts and opinions on what I could use!
0 likes
From what i've seen, most people unbolt the old thick fan and bolt on a new slimline one such as a davies craig or one off ebay. some i've seen have good warranties too and claim to have good flow despite being slimmer. but they have a good swept blade design. If you do that you should be able to fit a cooler no problem other than maybe tweaking a couple of pipes if you come across a clearance issue.
0 likes
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showpo...&postcount=256 (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showpost.php?p=2187468&postcount=256)
0 likes
I would also like to do this. And I'd like to make an electronic switch for it too, has anyone done that in a VL?
0 likes
Looking more along the lines of changing the whole condenser, as I have my cooler tucked up a bit further, and that canister gets in the way. Anyone done this?
0 likes
way more stuffing around than needed. just swap the fan and move the cooler.
0 likes
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=192909
Post 17 this is similar to what i did but with 14in fan and i put the pressure switch vertical ice cold a/c now
0 likes
hey jared i recentally turbo'd a mates vl which had a/c still on it, got a slimline 10in fan and still had heaps of room to fit the 600x300 cooler
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvlberlina
[View Post]
Looking more along the lines of changing the whole condenser, as I have my cooler tucked up a bit further, and that canister gets in the way. Anyone done this?
It can be done, the drier can be relocated inside the bay if needed, you just need to find out the capacity of ur current condenser and find a slimer model with the same capacity and fit it up. This will all envolve custom a/c pipe work which isn't a big deal, but u will need to find some one local to u with the skills to make the new pipe work, vac the system and re gas.
0 likes