Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Speedflow vs Aeroflow and other brands

Started by xAsh- · 5 Dec 2012 · 31 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

xAsh-Archived member
What opinion do people have of other brands of performance fittings? Ive heard people compare them all the time, some good, some bad, such as Speedflow having much higher build quality than Aeroflow or Proflow (which i believe are made in china) however you see some really quick cars running Aeroflow fittings. Anyone had first hand issues with them?
0 likes
sherman89Archived member
I have used speedflow exclusively until recently when I tried aeroflow. It's not **** (like I hear about pro flow) but its not as good to use as speedflow. The small price saving doesn't justify the lower quality product IMO. Its Harder to put together than speedflow, fades faster, and I had a 180 degree push lock fitting kink in the middle of the 180 under not that much pressure. Stick with speedflow, Aussie owned and made also Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Mr PartsArchived member
'like i hear' = third hand rubbish mate probably started by someone with a vested interest in rival company. Ive used, sold, installed proflow for the last 7 or 8 years (yes, its been around that long!) and i love it, and so has every one of the hundreds of customers ive sold them to. Gary Myres has used it exclusively on his last three cars he has built, as have many other of the top burnout guys (peter grumsa etc). I know its used on a door slammer and a few pro stock cars, not to mention countless group 1/2 cars, as well as pro tarmac rally cars, and even a forumla ford. (and these are just the examples i know about personally). Never had many trouble putting them together myself, and in my opinon, being involved in the performance industry hands on for 15 years now, instances (be it ANY fitting brand, earls, speedflow, proflow, xrp, etc) that ive witnessed of fitting failures, are 99% case of incorrect assembly by the end user. Ive seen all those brands suffer failures, and most cases always relates back to poor/rushed assembly. Dont be perterbed to giving them a go mate. The old 'made in china' scaremongering made up by businesses is just that. If you only knew the amount of quality products that are made in china these days, that are then shipped to the USA and sold by big USA based companies, your mind would boggle. china of today, isnt the china of yesteryear. Many companies have very good quality control in place, and are often run with strong western influence.
0 likes
xAsh-Archived member
Speedflow: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Speedflow...#ht_3445wt_934 (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Speedflow-45-100-Series-20AN-AN20-AN-20-Braided-Hose-End-Fitting-Billet-102-20-/150856981787?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item231fc6dd1b&_uhb=1#ht_3445wt_934) Aeroflow: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AEROFLOW-...ht_1501wt_1012 (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AEROFLOW-20-AN-AN20-100-SERIES-45-SWIVEL-BRAIDED-HOSE-END-BLUE-RED-AF102-20-/221122964725?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item337bf4acf5&_uhb=1#ht_1501wt_1012) Is the quality difference actually worth an extra $70 odd $$$?
0 likes
calais to4 meArchived member
tight arse always pays twice
0 likes
cava454Archived member
Speedflow for me. Look better and made to a better standard. Poor man always pays twoce
0 likes
pro747Archived member
I don't use any particular brand my self normally I just go into hydraulink and buy stainless steel industry grade fittings never had a problem and they're reasonably priced
0 likes
Mr PartsArchived member
have you guys seen the newer cutter style forged fittings from proflow these days? high gloss finish, one piece, cutter nipple, thick wall, forged 6061 alloy. its got nothing about being a tight arse or a poor man at all. On that basis, if these fittings were the same price as speedflow, you'd all be happy with them??? Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
madrexArchived member
I agree i just done my hole car top to bottom with proflow and still cost me heaps i was shocked at the bill of my fab guy
0 likes
Mr PartsArchived member
get a better supplier. like me. lol
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Proflo early on was complete garbage, no idea if its got an better. The Aluminium was poor quality and the walls too thin. I even had some with porous pin holes. Aeroflo was much the same. I've never recommended it since. You would imagine they have sorted there **** since. Speedflo is great, but I never sold it due to price. My opinions on what I sold - Red Horse - Generally a perfect finish, better than speedflo, high polish and long lasting. Not a comprehensive range and customer service can lack. 2 fittings in the time I sold them had issues with the flare and required conical repair. Cheaper end, same price as Aeroflo/Proflow Earls - Always goes together well, finish on somethings a bit so so, like the endura range. Medium price. Aeroquip - Ugly finish, but perfect quality. Really cater to race not wank crowd. You will pay for it. A passing thought... 99% of problems are the end user. Either installation error, or taking the gear outside its design limitations. As an example, using rubber hose on a transmission like a bloke from SA with an orange VL. Then getting on the brake for greater than 10 secs and wondering why the line to the cooler melted.. I sold it as fuel line, not tranny cooling line. Rubber is rated at 150 DegC. If you don't know what you are doing with fuel oil lines, stop and ask. You will burn your car down if you get it wrong. I don't sell retail anymore, have no reason to defend any of it.
0 likes
Mr PartsArchived member
new proflow forged stuff is great. finish same as redhorse stuff was. redhorse shut doors now i believe ?? on the money about 99% problems being uneducated end user but.
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Yeah its heading that way, massive amounts of stock though. It all came out of China, the savvy bloke would get the rest of it at a steal if he looked hard enough. I will have to have a play with some of their new stuff. That finish is best in business, no idea why the rest can't finish them off like that.
0 likes
xAsh-Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by calais to4 me [View Post] tight arse always pays twice Quote: Originally Posted by cava454 [View Post] Speedflow for me. Look better and made to a better standard. Poor man always pays twoce Did you guys actually have problems with other brands personally? This is what im asking, not asking for convoluted stories from your mates mate, if you had a problem post the brand and what went wrong
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
I have ran them all and to be honest Aeroflow and proflow have been getting better... I run them both in my car with my Teflon hoses and I cannot complain about either. The only thing is I think Aeroflow have a larger range then proflow.... At the end of the day they all come from china and not all Chinese items are bad, they have quality control also like any place and a lot I the more expensive brands are made there also and have made in Australia put on them.... I can tell you this seeing it my self from suppliers in china... ( engine valves being made in china for Scania with made in Italy stamped on them....
0 likes
madrexArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr Parts [View Post] get a better supplier. like me. lol Hahaha Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
xAsh-Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by grunter01 [View Post] I have ran them all and to be honest Aeroflow and proflow have been getting better... I run them both in my car with my Teflon hoses and I cannot complain about either. The only thing is I think Aeroflow have a larger range then proflow.... At the end of the day they all come from china and not all Chinese items are bad, they have quality control also like any place and a lot I the more expensive brands are made there also and have made in Australia put on them.... I can tell you this seeing it my self from suppliers in china... ( engine valves being made in china for Scania with made in Italy stamped on them.... Yeah Nitto make hydraulic hose with Made in USA written on it, USA being a prefecture in japan.
0 likes
ROB2019Archived member
I've jus bought all my turbo feed and drain hoses and fittings from rocket industries all Aeroflow . Looks great and works well very satisfied . Speedflow was going to cost almost double . I could not see the point in the extra $ I own a vl so I am a poor man ! Lol
0 likes
cava454Archived member
Lol I get speedflow cheaper then proflow Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
stoneyArchived member
speedflow all the way..
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 6 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today97

7,520 threads, 49,831 posts and 725 images saved from CT

22.0% of indexed threads saved