Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Engine diagnostics for VT onwards Commodores

Started by RB30DEVL · 3 Dec 2012 · 2 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

RB30DEVLArchived member
This is confusing to me because on the internet somewhere it says that it was mandatory for all cars in Australia to become OBDII compliant from 2001, but this is what I'm finding out :- VT series 1 , 5 litre V8 - OBDI (1997 - 2000) VT series 1 - VY series II ,ECOTEC V6 , OBDI (1997- 2004) VT series 2 - VE series II ,LS1,LS2,LS3 - 5.7,6.0,6.3 litre V8 OBDII (2000-2012) VZ series 1 - VE series II, Alloytec V6 3.0, 3.6 litre engines OBDII (2004- 2012) This is a trap I fell into when trying to find a scan tool to reset an SRS airbag fault on my VY SS Commodore, Autel make the Maxidiag DS708 which works on OBDII compliant Commodores but costs an arm & a leg, like over $2000 at the cheapest. The GM tech 2 does all the Holdens from the VN Commodore onwards I think and maybe the VL Walkinshaw so I'm going to try and get that for the future. I thought I'd better write up this list so no one else falls into the same trap, at least I was able to fix that up but at a small cost.
0 likes
capssyArchived member
all ls1s comodores are actually obd 1.5 you find the engin management is readable in obd 2 but it used obd1 protocol for codes dont quote me but i believe the system was called aldl
0 likes
hdt3ltArchived member
i work for holden mate vn-vs is obd1 vt onwards is obd2 and all are later model stuff is using gds2 which is now online the gm website with a product called candi
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 6 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today97

7,520 threads, 49,831 posts and 725 images saved from CT

22.0% of indexed threads saved