Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hi Guys,
Looking at getting a VU ss ute and was wondering what the petrol consumption is like? It will definitely be a 6 speed manual.
Cheers.
0 likes
Google the cars specs, and it all depends on how you drive it
0 likes
city or country?
modified or standard?
If you don't drive like an idiot all the time, and have a equal mix of hwy and city driving, 10l/100kms is very achievable
0 likes
HA! Your worried about fuel and you want an 8?
I got 310km on a full tank in my vy ss ute and i was wrapped! Average about 290km.
Only reason why i sold it. Was spending about $250 per week on fuel.
0 likes
yeah my vy ss ute drinks fuel. no matter how much i try baby it. around town have necer cracked 400ks to a tank. close to 350ks have had as bad as 250 with giving it a bit everynow and again. this is with k&n intake and full exhaust. ive been told getting a re tune helps alot with fuel consumption though. not that im bothered anymore as ive just sold it.
0 likes
if your worried about fuel buy a 6. my vx gen 3 gets 250-300kms max to a tank
0 likes
I've never owned a VU manual ute, but FYI my VE SSV auto wagon (AFM) gets a long term average of 16L/100kms with an average speed of 34km/hr. Mostly city driving with a bit of motorway use and the odd open road trip, and I try to drive conservatively most of the time. On a trip where I can average around 80km/hr I get an average of 11L/100kms. These cars are pretty good if you can keep your average speed up, but if you spend a lot of time at city speeds with a lot of stop start driving expect them to drink
In saying that a mate of mine just got the new Dodge STR8 and he can't do better than 22L/100kms no matter how and where he drives, which makes the Commodores look pretty good!
0 likes
this is the reason why i purchased a laser lol.i havent touched my vy clubby in 5 months now
0 likes
God! I get an average of 750kms from a tank in my VE, and my gf gets an average of 700kms in her VY. Living in the city must suck pretty fat **** for fuel consumption
0 likes
05-12-12, 11:40 GMT+10#10 Quote:
Originally Posted by mulkers
[View Post]
God! I get an average of 750kms from a tank in my VE, and my gf gets an average of 700kms in her VY. Living in the city must suck pretty fat **** for fuel consumption
Whats your average on the gauge in your VE? 11ish?
0 likes
05-12-12, 16:54 GMT+10#11 before I went mafless my 6L 6spd got 9l/100ks on freeway and 14-17l/100k around town.
After mafless I get 22ish around town and 13 on freeway
Got 600ks to a tank on freeway when stock with cat back
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
05-12-12, 20:00 GMT+10#12 my vu mafless full pipes and tune gets 500 driving to and from work and have done driving to sydney 850 k's to a full tank
0 likes
06-12-12, 01:54 GMT+10#13 Am going to get mine tuned on e85 by a reputable workshop and I'm sure I'll get better economy on that plus more power than what I'm getting now with the rich ass tune that's in it now.
0 likes
06-12-12, 05:14 GMT+10#14 Quote:
Originally Posted by 7FOUR7
[View Post]
before I went mafless my 6L 6spd got 9l/100ks on freeway and 14-17l/100k around town.
After mafless I get 22ish around town and 13 on freeway
Got 600ks to a tank on freeway when stock with cat back
22 sounds like a bad tune?
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
06-12-12, 12:28 GMT+10#15 agreed ^^ fuel economy should always get better with a tune
0 likes
06-12-12, 15:41 GMT+10#16 Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV
[View Post]
22 sounds like a bad tune?
yep it's a shocker, makes fair power but is shocking on fuel.
$660 hub dyno tune, can't complain too much, picked up 60 odd rwhp
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
06-12-12, 22:57 GMT+10#17 Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV
[View Post]
Whats your average on the gauge in your VE? 11ish?
10ish. At the moment it is 10.3
0 likes
07-12-12, 04:29 GMT+10#18 Wow. Mines sitting on 15.8, pretty much been like that since I bought it in August
0 likes
07-12-12, 20:30 GMT+10#19 with my vt i do roughly 120km's each week to work n back and usually costs around $35-$40 thats with bp ultimate... last trip i did to see my family(280km's each way) when i got home i still around 1/4 of a tank left...
vt has mafless tune(still running airbox with k&n filter and hsv mafpipe) tri-y's, 200cpi cats and x-force exhaust
0 likes
12-12-12, 05:53 GMT+10#20 Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazza78
[View Post]
with my vt i do roughly 120km's each week to work n back and usually costs around $35-$40 thats with bp ultimate... last trip i did to see my family(280km's each way) when i got home i still around 1/4 of a tank left...
vt has mafless tune(still running airbox with k&n filter and hsv mafpipe) tri-y's, 200cpi cats and x-force exhaust
How many k's to a tank of gas is pretty meaning less, it could be good, it could be bad. Really need to know how many litres per 100ks and average speed to know if it's good, bad or average
On a side note I installed a VCM OTR and a generic basic maf tune on my otherwise stock SSV last week and my average has dropped from 15.8l/100ks to 15l/100ks. My average speed is 33km/hr which is pretty similar to what it was before the intake. Still early days, but looking good so far
0 likes