Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Vlt hi comp oily cylinder 1 and blue smoke

Started by -Rb30det · 1 Dec 2012 · 4 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

-Rb30detArchived member
My engine was running fine left it for 3 months put a turbo now it smokes when it's warm, hesitates and has oil on the first plug only.there is no oil in intake or intercooler so I Doubt it's the turbo. Has anybody had toubles head leaking oil into cylinder? I've had plenty leak water into cylinder and oil passage is right next to number one or is that a return?it only does this warm and loses oil pressure when smoking? Thanxs for any help Cheers
0 likes
Ant_manArchived member
A compression test will tell you if its valve guides or rings on cyl 1 , As for loss of oil pressure and smoking could be leaking out exhaust side of turbo ?? Was it new ?? Any shaft play ??
0 likes
-Rb30detArchived member
Turbo didn't smoke on the skyline but I'm not running a restrictor? Will put extractors back on tomorrow and check for smoke. I ran 15.1 with wheel spin with this motor three months ago with no smoke and the only thing I have changed is the rocker cover and added the turbo. No1 plug has some serious oil after hot run and inspection cam shows oil in the cylinder but no raw oil in exhaust
0 likes
BLU HSVArchived member
Do you have a catch can? How's it hooked up. I put a temp one made from a coke bottle and put the 2 hoses from the rocker cover in to it and poked a hole in the side so it could breath. Turned out the hole I poked in it was to small and the engine couldn't breath and it use to blow blue smoke.
0 likes
-Rb30detArchived member
Yeah I have a catch can two roker cover vents t pieced in and PVC and breather before turbo out. I checked compression and they were all within 2psi of each other. I went to enzed today and payed $20 for them to make me a 1mm restricted banjo eased it a little then emptied cleaned and baffled me catch can cleaned pcv all fixed. Cheers fellas
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today99

8,939 threads, 61,625 posts and 785 images saved from CT

26.1% of indexed threads saved