Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

How much do they spend?

Started by Pistol · 25 Nov 2012 · 9 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

PistolArchived member
Just curious about how much these guys spend on their blown V8's, like skd-ute, blownq, etc, etc, I know it's a matter of "how long is a piece of string", but just a ball park figure? If anyone has any idea? I'm just thinking how good my Calais would be with that setup, instead of a turbo 6. I think I need another factory black Calais, and a lotto win so I can have both...
0 likes
mulkersArchived member
After including gearbox and diff, anywhere between 30-100k.
0 likes
441 ttArchived member
$50000.00 will get you started
0 likes
REALISTArchived member
yeah the serious skid cars have 100K+ setups
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
A mate of mine just put a turbo LSx into his vl, and Mulkers is pretty much on the money. And then the price goes higher when problems arise...You can cut the price in half if you have mates in the industry willing to help. But it comes down to how 'conservative' you are with your spending. There's guys spending 20k just on their rear ends.
0 likes
PistolArchived member
Thanks guys, Far out.... So if I was to buy a 383 stroker motor, and put a weiand supercharger on it and an injector hat, it would need a good auto behind it, all decent second hand parts, that wouldn't put the price up too much I reckon?!
0 likes
cava454Archived member
Poor man pays twice
0 likes
PistolArchived member
Lol, true that.. And I am poor too :-(
0 likes
cava454Archived member
When it comes to desicated skid cars you can't really skimp out. Ls1 it with head/cam/intake and you have a good start.
0 likes
maloo6Archived member
Or just buy this thing, alot cheaper........ http://forum.streetcommodores.com.au....php?t=8581762 (http://forum.streetcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=8581762)
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today108

10,643 threads, 77,210 posts and 952 images saved from CT

31.1% of indexed threads saved