Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Turbo3l - Colin Fender Tribute Cruise - Sunday 16th December 2012

Started by ILLUSIV · 21 Nov 2012 · 30 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

ILLUSIVArchived member
Hi all, For those that don't know, Colin Fender aka Turbo3l on these forums passed away recently: http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=262579 In tribute to Colin, there will be a cruise on the 16th of December to honour him. This is not a VL or Commodore only cruise, this is open to any type of vehicle, as Colin was a car lover. There will be a $20 charge per car, which 100% of the money raised will go to Colin's baby fund. For those that don't know, Colin's girlfriend Jade is pregnant! The cruise will start at the carpark Cnr of Madora Beach and Sabrina Drive Madora bay - Across from the Madora Bay Tavern: https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=ma...%2C%2C0%2C7.21 (https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=madora+beach+tavern&hl=en&ll=-32.469388%2C115.748004&spn=0.000018%2C0.013937&safe=off&fb=1&gl=au&hq=madora+beach+tavern&hnear=0x2a32966cdb47733d%3A0x304f0b535df55d0%2CPerth+WA&cid=0%2C0%2C12676574821638913918&t=m&z=17&layer=c&cbll=-32.469388%2C115.748004&panoid=9D55NCjgl-umd7CtPqA-dA&cbp=12%2C268.23%2C%2C0%2C7.21) For those NOR, we will have a meet point, the Movies by Burswood carpark at the Casino (photo below). I have attached a photo, entrance is off Canning Highway heading eastbound. We should leave the first meet point at about 11:30-12pm, so I estimate that we will arrive at Burswood at 12:30-1pm. We will stay at Burswood for approx 30 mins before continuing on. If you are intending to come to the Burswood meet point, please comment letting me know. I hope to see as many people there as possible! Cheers, Craig I hope to see as many people there as possible! Cheers, Craig ---------- Post added 21-11-12 at 22:58 ---------- http://www.facebook.com/events/13949...mall_com ment (http://www.facebook.com/events/139499446198934/139499449532267/?comment_id=139502566198622¬if_t=event_mall_comment) Please invite as many people as would like to come. If on facebook, please say you are coming. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
Il be there
0 likes
stocker31Archived member
My vl ain't ready but I could bring my bike
0 likes
brusselArchived member
Will be there for sure
0 likes
inkArchived member
I'll make an appearance, thanks for organising it all
0 likes
TheChadArchived member
Unlikely I'll be driving, and if I am it will be pottering with a standard diff. If not I'll bum a ride in the jew-wagon
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
*rape wagon......and you're most welcome Jack Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Diver DanArchived member
Bout time I came to one of these cruise thingys.... Count me in Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
ILLUSIVArchived member
http://www.facebook.com/events/139499446198934/ ---------- Post added 09-12-12 at 10:13 ---------- Meet point has been added: The cruise will start at the carpark Cnr of Madora Beach and Sabrina Drive Madora bay - Across from the Madora Bay Tavern: https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=ma...%2C%2C0%2C7.21 (https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=madora+beach+tavern&hl=en&ll=-32.469388%2C115.748004&spn=0.000018%2C0.013937&safe=off&fb=1&gl=au&hq=madora+beach+tavern&hnear=0x2a32966cdb47733d%3A0x304f0b535df55d0%2CPerth+WA&cid=0%2C0%2C12676574821638913918&t=m&z=17&layer=c&cbll=-32.469388%2C115.748004&panoid=9D55NCjgl-umd7CtPqA-dA&cbp=12%2C268.23%2C%2C0%2C7.21) For those that don't know, the $20 per car will go to a baby fund. Colin's girlfriend Jade is pregnant, so it's a really worthwhile cause! ---------- Post added 09-12-12 at 10:18 ---------- The cruise will have a stop closer to Perth for NOR people to meet. I will post the location and approx time of this shortly.
0 likes
leb vltArchived member
Any details on we're the north meet will be?
0 likes
ReformedArchived member
Not sure if I can make it, have I missed a south point meet time? South meet point is posted above, Madora Beach carpark.
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
its on the fb page. iv got seats free in the wagon if anyone wants to tag along
0 likes
fmx939Archived member
Iv pushed to have the car done in time, but no harness so I'm out. I hope the day goes great for everyone involved.
0 likes
ILLUSIVArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by leb vlt [View Post] Any details on we're the north meet will be? For those NOR, we will have a meet point, the Movies by Burswood carpark at the Casino (photo below). I have attached a photo, entrance is off Canning Highway heading eastbound. We should leave the first meet point at about 11:30-12pm, so I estimate that we will arrive at Burswood at 12:30-1pm. We will stay at Burswood for approx 30 mins before continuing on. If you are intending to come to the Burswood meet point, please comment letting me know. I hope to see as many people there as possible! Cheers, Craig Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
sweet, i have a back up for when i cant get up sunday morning
0 likes
leb vltArchived member
Will be at the burswood meet.
0 likes
Diver DanArchived member
Will be at NOR meet point !!
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
Big thanks to Craig for organizing the cruise. Was a good run
0 likes
DEVILS1Archived member
Great day and a awsome turnout. Thanks for organising this craig
0 likes
SteveArchived member
Yeah good stuff Craig. Great day for it. Was good to get out and catch up and talk VL's again with people.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today91

7,520 threads, 49,831 posts and 725 images saved from CT

22.0% of indexed threads saved