Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hey guys,
I'm in the process of finishing off my vl and i need to do something about the accelarator cable as its seems to be too long for the XF throttle body on the plenum I have.
do i need to have it shortened and if so where do i take it to get it shortened?
cheers
0 likes
You need to cut it down to size and crimp it with a wiring crimp
0 likes
put a lokar braided one on it , they look sick
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb25vlt8
[View Post]
You need to cut it down to size and crimp it with a wiring crimp
Keen to help me with this?
It's cranking over but I think the battery isn't holding charge so gonna have to replace it...
So close...
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Go to mx shop with cable, get lug the same size, shorten, crimp & solder lug on in new spot, done!
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVL
[View Post]
Go to mx shop with cable, get lug the same size, shorten, crimp & solder lug on in new spot, done!
You make it sound so easy...
Fingers crossed....
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
that would look alot better than a wiring crimp aswell
0 likes
Jack did u use chewing gum on ur wagon ??
0 likes
Nah I used a used rubber and and an apple core
0 likes
21-11-12, 12:14 GMT+10#10 Sounds like you have done it befor !!!
0 likes
21-11-12, 15:19 GMT+10#11 Iv used electric fence wire, ran my 10 with it also lol
0 likes
21-11-12, 20:08 GMT+10#14 Another option I gues would be to lengthen the bracket that holds the cable...?
0 likes