Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Rb30 straight gas cutting out intermittently

Started by LS1vycal · 13 Nov 2012 · 0 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

LS1vycalArchived member
Hey all at a bit of a loss with my patrol its an rb30 straight gas setup. The problem is it cuts in and out out every morning after I drive 20ks to work at 100kmh and about 5ks at 80kmh and pull up at the lights once I take off and turn right it starts cutting in and out in first and second but by the time I turn left a k up the road and give it to it it's fine. Now first thoughts were freezing the converter but I popped the bonnet and took my seatbelt off at the light one morning and as soon as it did it I pulled over and checked the converter and it was boiling hot. I have also put another brand new converter on it to try but no different. Have also checked the mixer but all seems good. as I'm not 100% sure whether it was gas or spark related a have put a multimeter and light globe on a wire to the coil, lock offs and other relative parts but all have enough volts and the globe didn't dull. Has new coil, leads, plugs, dizzy redone (vac advance unit swapped to boost retard unit) any help would or pointers be appreciated. Thanks ---------- Post added 13-11-12 at 19:48 ---------- Probably should mention that 99% of the time other than that one spot every morning it's fine it's only once in a blue moon it cuts out elsewhere.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today99

8,935 threads, 61,576 posts and 785 images saved from CT

26.1% of indexed threads saved