Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hey all,
I've googled around and can't find a real answer to my question
I've upgraded the brakes on my VL to VT fronts and standard turbo rear and am running a 1" master with a VH512 booster.
My question is, is this master/booster combination alright? Or should i upgrade to VT
The brakes feel awesome and have no problems stopping and the pedal gets nowhere near the floor, feels about the same as my standard N/A setup with the 15/16 master.
Cheers
0 likes
I used the same setup on the track and street for ages, no worries.
0 likes
If it feels alright then use it. People only change to the VT master because they say they get a spongy, long pedal when fitting VT calipers.
Pedal feel depends on the pads used, if you have braided hoses or rubber and the condition of the master cylinder.
0 likes
Not sure what the pads are, they came with the VT big brake upgrade kit which i purchased second hand, I've got rubber hoses which are a week old and the master cyl is in excellent condition.
There's a lot more travel in the pedal but gets no where near the floor, and doesn't impact the braking performance.
Cheers guys i think i'll stick with my current setup!
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Kimo
[View Post]
Not sure what the pads are, they came with the VT big brake upgrade kit which i purchased second hand, I've got rubber hoses which are a week old and the master cyl is in excellent condition.
There's a lot more travel in the pedal but gets no where near the floor, and doesn't impact the braking performance.
Cheers guys i think i'll stick with my current setup!
As vhr32 has said " if it feels alright then use it ".
0 likes