Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Does anyone make a trimatic to ls1 bell housing

Started by GMHVLT · 3 Nov 2012 · 6 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

GMHVLTArchived member
Does anyone make a trimatic to ls1 bell housing or won't they bolt up behind a ls1
0 likes
RB-GEMArchived member
You could use a tri matic to turbo pattern adaptor or get one of the torque power bell housings . But why a trimatic ? I just had a C4 built for my ls conversion as it suits my application . Got a bell housing from Jw in the states and a custom converter by tct . Can put you in contact with the guy who put it together for me , he's from down your way .
0 likes
GMHVLTArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by RB-GEM [View Post] You could use a tri matic to turbo pattern adaptor or get one of the torque power bell housings . But why a trimatic ? I just had a C4 built for my ls conversion as it suits my application . Got a bell housing from Jw in the states and a custom converter by tct . Can put you in contact with the guy who put it together for me , he's from down your way . Hey mate I was told that the drive plate on a ls1 was too big for the trimatic, the only reason I was going to use one was because I already have a full manual transbraked trimatic that is behind the rb 30 and instead of building a new box i was going to just use it. Who built your c4 ? And is your ls1 in a vl ?
0 likes
cookie747Archived member
you will snap the input shaft very quickly. the trimatics handle the power from the rb30s but with the v8s they dont like it that much.
0 likes
DA HOONArchived member
alot of trimatics are used the 1/4 mile cars and can be made tough. if you are bent on doing it, just use a trimatic to turbo pattern adaptor. just means you up for some coin for a custom convertor. Steve
0 likes
cava454Archived member
The only bellhousing u can use is the the factory gm one. Which is rare as hens teeth these days. Unlike the torque power units they are nice and wide and will suit ls1. Don't listen to people who say the trimatic can't handle a v8 or power for that matter. Mate has one in his 550hp 355, I got one in my 440hp 304. Know another guy running 9's in boosted ls1 and a mates vlt had one running 10's off the t brake. People that knock em are the guys who don't know how to build em....
0 likes
RB-GEMArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by GMHVLT [View Post] Hey mate I was told that the drive plate on a ls1 was too big for the trimatic, the only reason I was going to use one was because I already have a full manual transbraked trimatic that is behind the rb 30 and instead of building a new box i was going to just use it. Who built your c4 ? And is your ls1 in a vl ? Mark from Shiftek built my box . I told him that I wanted to drag race & do skids in it and eventually run gas on it so he built it to suit , even got the converter custom made for me which he said was the ducks nuts . My conversion is in a vh commodore
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today79

6,088 threads, 41,398 posts and 596 images saved from CT

17.8% of indexed threads saved