Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

VL Sound System Install

Started by nickb1994 · 30 Oct 2012 · 1 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

nickb1994Archived member
Hi guys, I am looking at installing the following in a VL: - Headunit - Sub and Amp - 6" door speakers - 6x9 rear speakers (i am using the 6x9 boxes) I have had plenty of experience with installs like this in other cars but never a VL Holden. I have heard and read about the difficulty of installing into these cars, especially the headunit. I am just after a few tips to make it as easy and pain free as possible. I have a few questions: 1. Can anyone point me towards a guide for a headunit install? I have searched and cannot find one, if not can you guys give me an outline of how to do it? 2. With the door speakers, how easy is it to cut the door panel and fit them in? 3. Any other tips regarding this install that will help me out Thanks, Nick.
0 likes
brusselArchived member
deck install is just like any other car, flip down screens sometimes knock against the dash when they open but cross that bridge when you get there 4inches in the dash(where the factory ones sit) splits or 6x9's on the parcel shelf fully sik sub (2x12'' or 1x15'') with a good amp and your set!
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today35

20,893 threads, 247,797 posts and 2,558 images saved from CT

61.0% of indexed threads saved