Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
I'm thinking of getting a senator with a ls1 but the bloke says his auto doesn't select 3rd or 4th? He says he checked the oil and its ok bright red colour and no flakes or metal shaving.... Just revs out and doesn't change and thinks the clutches are ok... Also says his old man put a scan tool on it and thinks its the manifold pressure switch which tells the auto to change gears? Not 100% convinced on it? Any help please guys??? Thanks
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Manifold pressure has absolutely nothing to do with a 4l60e transmission shifting gears. Tps vs road speed. Budget for $2500-3000 for a good strong auto
0 likes
thanks mate, it sounded sus so i thought id ask for some help.. cheers
0 likes
Very common. Our vy ls1 just did the same thing. We have been advised that all ls1 autos should be upgraded as they eith loose 3-4th or just 2nd. I would expect its the same issue as ours so keep $3k aside for repairs and make sure you upgrade it
0 likes
cheers thanks for the info
0 likes
Sounds like 3/4 clutch packs are burnt out. Give preston automatics a call on 83390361
0 likes
Hey mate I'm selling my 4l60e with a 3500 stall conv its been built by Preston's automatics iv only done 2000 ks its still like new and I have never had a prom only reason y I'm sell coz i want to go th400 if u r keen on it let me know or u can call me on [phone removed] thanks Sam
0 likes