Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›CalaisTurbo archive
CalaisTurbo archive

[FS - QLD] Vl calais turbo ($$21,500)

Started by MJ · 28 Oct 2012 · 2 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

MJArchived member
For Sale? Or Wanted? FS Price/Amount $20,900 Open to Swap? No State QLD Short Description for title? Vl calais turbo Genuine Turbo Motor? A8? Yes Transmission? MANUAL Currently Registered? Yes REGO/VIN Number? 64ORC Contact Info Other than this Forum? [phone removed] Description I've had my VL for 5 years, and in my ownership has undergone same major modifications and maintenance. I've been up and down thinking about putting it up for sale. Like most of us we find our hobby is a terrible addiction and I have had my eye on another project. I am in no way desperate to sell my calais, so please save us both the hassel of coming up with ridiculous offers. The price is firm, and from all the knowlegeable people on here have you know how much this stuff cost's. If you don't, grab a calculator and start adding up. The details are as follows. The vl came out of the factory as a NA auto calais, the prevous owner had the A8 motor built before the conversion. When I got it the the exterior and interior were in great condition, but under the bonnet was an absolute mess. I pulled everything out and started again. Engine: RB30ET Block bored 30thou Wiscoe forged pistons Shot peened rods King Bearings Blanced bottom end Head heavily ported and polished Crow cam RB26 oil pump Induction: Garrett GT37/88r .89ar twin scroll (oil/water lines all braided, speedflow fittings) 6Boost manifold (T4 divided flange) Turbosmart 50mm progate (screamer) ARE Hot chilli intercooler Ally intercooler piping Greddy Type R valve CPC 80mm billet throttle body CPC plennum Fuel: Bosch 044 pump Turbosmart FPR 800 regulator Billet rail Siemens 880cc injectors Connecting lines from standard fuel inlet and return are -6 braided line/speedflow fittings. Exhaust Custom 3" dump 3" madrel bent system Hiflow cat Hurricane muffler (Manifold, rear house and dump all HPC coated) Driveline/Brakes RB25 5 speed gearbox Exedy heavy duty clutch Standard tailshaft and 28 spline borgwarner Standard turbo brakes, bendix pads. Interior: Haltech E6X management Gizzmo Electronic boost controller Autometer Oil pressure " " Water temp " " Boost gauge " " Digital pro shift Momo steering wheel Nismo gear nob Exterior: Resprayed Ice white over silver BMW alloy persuit wheels 15x6 Additoinal info: I resprayed the engine bay, when I had it all out Gearbox and diff oils changed within the last 1000km All ways service with Penrite HPR15 semi synthetic All vacum lines, coolant lines have been replaced All Gaskets, Rocker cover, sump, manifold, inlet plennum so on replaced Gates racing timing belt, and tensioner's within 1000km Century battery relocated to boot Moroso catch can (braided lines, speedflow fittings) Relocated Alloy power steering reservoir New water pump within 1000km New starter motor witin 1000km There nothing that needs to be done. Car is tuned by Justin @ Horsepower Solutions 359rwkw/488rwph on 22 psi (pump 98) I have kept up maintenance on this car meticulously. Within the 5 years of ownership it would have been lucky to see 8,000km. I have made this car the way I wanted it, un-suspecting with all business under the bonnet. I can comfortably drive around the streets all day, but when the foot is down, its a fair bit to handle. Any serious buyer are able to see the pic's taken before and after I have carried out the modifications, and see the time, money and effort that went in doing so. I would really like to see it passed on to real vl enthusiast, and take care of it as much as I have The car is currenty registered, but will be selling un-registered. There is no reason for it not to pass any safety inspection, but the modifications will stop it from goin through. There are always ways around this, so if a potential buyer know's of business that is happy to look past the mod's, then I will assist the best way I can. More than willing to answer any resonable questions that you may have. Please phone after 6pm Monday-Saturday or anytime Sunday for work reason's. $20,900 FIRM. Located North Brisbane Phone Mark.
0 likes
MJArchived member
Bump. Also no swaps thanks, few enquires I've had.
0 likes
MJArchived member
bump
0 likes

This discussion is closed to new replies.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today109

11,598 threads, 87,936 posts and 1,167 images saved from CT

33.9% of indexed threads saved