Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Mystery Heatshield....Any ideas???

Started by CruzeVL · 25 Oct 2012 · 8 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

CruzeVLArchived member
Hi all, a question for all the VLT gurus out there, this is apparently a genuine VL turbo heatshield? The logical place for it to fit as far as I can see is around the rear of the turbo, with one bolt on the firewall bracket, the other on the l/h strut??? If it is the real deal, it's there to protect the fusebox from the turbo heat, yeah??? Thanks! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
correct the tab on a 90 bolts into your firewall, mystery solved
0 likes
CruzeVLArchived member
Ok, cool. I bought the thing sight unseen thinking it was the one across the manifold. Bummer. You would still recommend fitting it? I suspect I may have trouble as my Vl still has its A/C fitted- the gas pipe will be a tight fit....
0 likes
VLT222Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by CruzeVL [View Post] Ok, cool. I bought the thing sight unseen thinking it was the one across the manifold. Bummer. You would still recommend fitting it? I suspect I may have trouble as my Vl still has its A/C fitted- the gas pipe will be a tight fit.... Im pretty sure those are standard, so you should have no problem fitting it around the a/c lines.
0 likes
CruzeVLArchived member
Ok. I'll clean her up and put it on. I didn't realize there was 2 heat shields- a lot of people must leave 'em off.
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
ye wack it back on mate, it neatens the bay up too in my opinion, if you cant for whatever reason fit it on fair enough but if i were you id throw it on
0 likes
VLT222Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by CruzeVL [View Post] Ok. I'll clean her up and put it on. I didn't realize there was 2 heat shields- a lot of people must leave 'em off. Ive got one on mine, most people take them off when they change their exhaust...
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
I think theirs two on mine.
0 likes
CruzeVLArchived member
Got her on. No probs. wasn't trying hard enough obviously. After the manifold one now if anyone has one for a fair price? Thanks for the replys too.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today27

18,668 threads, 203,517 posts and 2,265 images saved from CT

54.5% of indexed threads saved