Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
G'day fellas, been a very long time since I've last posted about my VL. Since then I found a gem from a senior lady; a pristine 58 thousand KM (Comes with log books and the odo does work) all original, perfect interior VL Executive. It does need a bare metal respray but I was going to have one either way.
This is the car when I purchased it off the lady (First start in 2 years).
Current progress is getting the car ready to be painted so I'll try and strip the car as much as I can, tools permitting then sending it off to the panel beater early - mid November for some fresh paint. Also looking to buy an RB25 head or full engine from a wrecker or anyone to get the ball rolling, my uncle is going to be building most of the engine for me seeing he is experienced and has the same set up on his Calais.
Got a nice bonus from work, gave a visit to Earls Performance Products, this is the result.
---------- Post added 21-10-12 at 07:32 ----------
Gave a visit to the Plazma man and Clutch Industries on Friday to see some turbos and brake kits, haven't decided yet tho. Will have to visit with an expert once engine is nearly complete.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Old lady put Calais moulds and chasers on it?
0 likes
looks just dodgy sprayed, not calais moulds
0 likes
All the paint is basically faded, it was parked in the persons driveway for 2+ years.
---------- Post added 26-10-12 at 07:42 ----------
Spent some time on Wednesday stripping the car for a paint job, hoping to get it done early December.
I will slowly strip down the interior and remove most of the panels, bonnet and boot lid when I get the time. First time I ever done something like this and I think I done an alright job. Sure it might be easy but there's always a first time for everything.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
r you keen on selling door trims??
0 likes
nah sorry mate, not at the moment but if i get a change of mind ill let you know
0 likes
If one of my neighbours was stripping a car on the street, i would complain to the council so quick.
0 likes
27-10-12, 11:22 GMT+10#10 just needs a supercheap spray booth on footpath,otherwise should be a clean vl when finished
0 likes
28-10-12, 12:48 GMT+10#11 lol why would you complain? there is no noise no dirt no rubbish, just jealousy i guess.
0 likes
28-10-12, 13:00 GMT+10#12 I see what Shermanator is saying. but so Un-Australian. We'r a do it your self Nation.
- We do our own Renno's
- We build our Sheds
- We build shit in the sheds
- We build a shitter in the sheds so we dont have to go in to the house
But we wouldnt do all that unless we got sick of crawling around under cars in the street, with tools rolling down drains and little rocks digging into our asses
kids just doing what ever it takes to make his dreams come true
0 likes
28-10-12, 13:26 GMT+10#13 well said Turismo, plus I live in a unit so no shed for me and no space in the garage to move after the car is inside so its my only choice. the neighbours love to watch aswell.
0 likes
27-12-12, 17:37 GMT+10#14 Well well well, long time since I hopped on CT.com. Anyways, I bought acouple of things over the Christmas public holidays -
Finished my RB20/30 build. Needs an epic clean up and going to take the engine back out of the car for the bare metal respray.
Also bought a new toy =)
Bill be posting progress with RB20/30, mainly going through the polishing process and braiding all hoses. Paint job is going to be withing the next 3 months, its going to be that really dark Xirallic Grey with Yellow undertone.
Editted the RB(25 to 20). Reason being I forgot to mention I put on a 20 head due to the fact it's much cheaper and I'm building this to be a nice cruise car with abit of grunt, sorry for any confusion caused.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
27-12-12, 17:50 GMT+10#15 looks like an rb20 head mate ?
0 likes
27-12-12, 19:32 GMT+10#16 Quote:
Originally Posted by MBHSV5
[View Post]
looks like an rb20 head mate ?
I was thinking the same thing as rocker cover breathers, both 2 outlets
The plenum has the square coolant bleed block
The top radiator hose connects to the round metal adaptor instead of straight onto plenum
No vct
The idle valve on rear of plenum also looks like rb20 item
0 likes
28-12-12, 06:38 GMT+10#17 You guys are right, my bad I've mixed the numbers, I got an RB20 head on it rather than 25 because it's much less hurt in the pockets. I'll edit it out for last post.
0 likes
28-12-12, 15:30 GMT+10#18 Correct me if I'm wrong but the rb20 head to the 30 block is not comparable due to bore size And oil/cooling galleries?
This requires heavy mods for minimum gain.
Tell the truth, did u just drop the rb20 in ?
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
28-12-12, 16:42 GMT+10#19 Quote:
Originally Posted by Turismo
[View Post]
Correct me if I'm wrong but the rb20 head to the 30 block is not comparable due to bore size And oil/cooling galleries?
This requires heavy mods for minimum gain.
Tell the truth, did u just drop the rb20 in ?
I'm not a twin cam sorta guy, hence dont know as much as some about them. But I was under the same impression as turismo...
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
28-12-12, 18:33 GMT+10#20 Cooling galleries etc don't line up but it has been done many times. In fact Tommy Kaira in Japan sold R31s and R32s with NA RB20/30s and called them M30s.
Having said that this thread does seem a bit sus...
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes