Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Fuel hose

Started by injv8LE · 10 Oct 2012 · 8 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

injv8LEArchived member
Can someone tell me where I can buy a fuel line for my Vl that goes from the tank to the external fuel pump? It's only a small hose but one end of the hose is larger than the other. I've been to enzed and repco and have had no luck. Cheers
0 likes
yortArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by injv8LE [View Post] Can someone tell me where I can buy a fuel line for my Vl that goes from the tank to the external fuel pump? It's only a small hose but one end of the hose is larger than the other. I've been to enzed and repco and have had no luck. Cheers You won't get one mate as I've search every wreckers in Brisbane and also Holden, rare spares etc and no luck...I wrapped the pipe in tape and then slipped the hose over it a clamped it up nice and tight. Other option,is to replace that whole fuel line (it's the return line from the charcoal canister)
0 likes
VLSL5LArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by yort [View Post] You won't get one mate as I've search every wreckers in Brisbane and also Holden, rare spares etc and no luck...I wrapped the pipe in tape and then slipped the hose over it a clamped it up nice and tight. Other option,is to replace that whole fuel line (it's the return line from the charcoal canister) Is the hose long enough to allow a tube reducer of about 20mm in length to be fitted along with 2 different size hoses and clamps ??? What is the outside diameter of each fitting ??? Can you put up a pic because I have made a lot of reducers from copper tube to fit awkard situations like this.
0 likes
boostin01Archived member
from memory i think the hose needed goes from 1/2inch (or whatever the next size down is) at the tank to 5/16inch at the pump if thats any help...vl-vs 6 and 8cyl are interchangeable.
0 likes
injv8LEArchived member
Yeah I found one, Holden still stock them, bit over $12. when I get home next week ill get the part number. Had to come from melbourne
0 likes
yortArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by injv8LE [View Post] Yeah I found one, Holden still stock them, bit over $12. when I get home next week ill get the part number. Had to come from melbourne I'd like to see a photo of the hose mate as my Holden dealer looked country wide with no luck
0 likes
injv8LEArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by yort [View Post] I'd like to see a photo of the hose mate as my Holden dealer looked country wide with no luck holden part number 92033068 hose tank fuel, worked on my car with a small trim of hose to fit my car with a vs long range tank and vl external pump
0 likes
bachig24uArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by yort [View Post] You won't get one mate as I've search every wreckers in Brisbane and also Holden, rare spares etc and no luck...I wrapped the pipe in tape and then slipped the hose over it a clamped it up nice and tight. Other option,is to replace that whole fuel line (it's the return line from the charcoal canister) Keep an eye on that hose as the fuel will disolve the glue in the tape and eventually the tape (especially if its thread tape or electrical insulation tape). It may eventually slip off leaving you in a predicament like traffic congestion, bush fire, tow truck... all the fun stuff.
0 likes
yortArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by bachig24u [View Post] Keep an eye on that hose as the fuel will disolve the glue in the tape and eventually the tape (especially if its thread tape or electrical insulation tape). It may eventually slip off leaving you in a predicament like traffic congestion, bush fire, tow truck... all the fun stuff. I changed my set up, I now have that line running back from the canister to the filler neck and the larger line is now my fuel return.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today109

11,530 threads, 87,483 posts and 1,153 images saved from CT

33.7% of indexed threads saved