Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Removing VL Heater Box

Started by Nusk · 10 Oct 2012 · 6 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

NuskArchived member
Does anyone have a guide or how-to On removing the VL heaterbox any hints or tips to make it easier?
0 likes
Psi_WagonArchived member
which part are you stuck on? ive done it a few times now
0 likes
Ceptor86Archived member
Do you mean the heater core? if so I'm also curious about this as my heater blows cold air, but car runs normal temp.
0 likes
EvilPetArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Ceptor86 [View Post] Do you mean the heater core? if so I'm also curious about this as my heater blows cold air, but car runs normal temp. Mine did too - your heater core is gone it appears. Its a common issue. The entire dash needs to be removed to replace it. I started removing the instrument cowlings then worked my way across the dash to the speaker covers etc. MARK WHERE THE SCREWS GO!!! You might find an extra screw leftover when you put it all back together.
0 likes
BoyracerArchived member
Everything needs to come out, lucky its a VL and not a VN, take out every screw you see and put em in a container, glovebox, radio surround, steering surround 10 mil bolds with a lil extension bar, the inner dash is one big piece, its not so hard once you get into it. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
jbonezArchived member
I have all mine apart currently, I removed the A/C & was thinking about just keeping the heater/demister in the middle for cleaning up the window I could remove the heater lines as well to neaten up the engine bay too I guess?
0 likes
EvilPetArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by jbonez [View Post] I have all mine apart currently, I removed the A/C & was thinking about just keeping the heater/demister in the middle for cleaning up the window I could remove the heater lines as well to neaten up the engine bay too I guess? You'll get canaried without a heater so beware. You need to have the heat demister working (well you do in WA anyway).
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today108

10,653 threads, 77,390 posts and 955 images saved from CT

31.1% of indexed threads saved