Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
I got a 95 pulsar, the reverse lights wont work?
I changed globes, an fuses and still nothing?
If anyone knows how to fix it and if it will be a easy job.
Let me know.
Thanks
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzle
[View Post]
I got a 95 pulsar, the reverse lights wont work?
I changed globes, an fuses and still nothing?
If anyone knows how to fix it and if it will be a easy job.
Let me know.
Thanks
get a multi meter on the reveres switch and check that
0 likes
Wheres the reverse switch?
Thanks
0 likes
Quote:
I changed globes, an fuses and still nothing?
If anyone knows how to fix it and if it will be a easy job.
A few things to check here, providing you have a service manual or some other way to know what you're looking at.
- Reverse switch , check the continuity of that with a multimeter, in reverse with the connector unplugged, it should be zero ohms (closed contact),also check for voltage at the bulb holder with a multimeter, should be around 12 volts.
- Broken wire(s) , you are going to have to follow those wires back from the bulb holder to the point of origin, using both the volts & ohms settings to trace out the problem, you are either going to either find a break in the circuit or a bad earth.
I'm not sure what the Pulsars are like, but the VL's were renowned for having bad contacts in the bulb holders , so check them for rust or corrosion too.
0 likes