Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Power window sagging!

Started by Anfyz · 2 Oct 2012 · 3 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

AnfyzArchived member
hey all, did a search can't find anything specific to what I'm after so need help! my rear power windows don't work, I can hear the motor making a noise when I push the button but they dont wanna move. and I've noticed the left side rear passenger window sags a little, so theres a 15mm gap. I can push it up and it stays that way for awhile but it eventually falls down again. I tried going to an auto elec but he just told me he "doesnt do that sort of stuff" so who should I turn to? I'd rather not do it myself as I tend to break door cards lol... I want to get them all working fine again and to fix this sagging window issue. any advice appreciated! cheers Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
swiftmanArchived member
the motors are the worst design! its all cables and the pully in the middle usually strips out and doesnt move, so you gotta pull it off and fix it.... once the cables are tangled its a mindf%ck. goodluck....
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
Smith and smith glass,Or try using dry glyde on the widow rubbers to free them up.Not a hard job just take your time,And get the correct or just make the tool to remove your door cards. Cheers Marty ps try it you have nothing to loose.
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
Use abit of sikaflex to hold your rubbers & here's a helpfull thread about restoring your power windows. http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=112866
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today109

11,574 threads, 87,842 posts and 1,163 images saved from CT

33.8% of indexed threads saved