Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hey all excuse my lack of knowledge on small cars.
I just sold the Calais looking for a fund daily to thrash on outback dirt roads
I was impressed with the hyundai excel 5 spd lol . But there front wheel drive
Has Any one thrown a front wheel round like an excel or civic how do they stack up agains a rear wheel drive?
Are there any comman rear wheel drive small cars for under 4 grand?
Thanks for ur input.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Older Corollas, silvias, skylines, mr2, supra, 300zx, torana, 180sx, E30 Beemer, Soarer, Rx7, Mx5, etc etc.
Do you have any other criteria?
Persoanlly, MX5 would probably be the best value at that price point.
0 likes
swift did a river crossing in a rental one of those XD
0 likes
Thank guys. Prefer rear wheel drive , 5 speed small car and any make any year lol
I live in A remote town karratha, so I don't have a huge range of cars to choose from
Bout 14 cars for sale at one time lol
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Mx5..... Had one on loan a while ago from a mate when he went overseas great fun little car and cheap on parts
0 likes
mx5. british sports car with japanese mas production = win
Also celica. i had some old carby 5 speeds and they were awesome fun as paddock bashers. If you can get a cheap supra or even an old z car with carbs its all fun.
0 likes
One of these. Was the best thrasher ever
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
03-10-12, 13:39 GMT+10#10 get a manual gemini, hook up an old washer bottle in the boot, drill holes in the top of your wheel arches and run hose squirters to the rear tyres.
Put a button on the shifter and fill the washer bottle up with diesel.
When you turn corners hit the button and literally is the funnest **** ever
0 likes
10-10-12, 02:52 GMT+10#11 Vin-vlt where's the tech article mate !!!!!
Haha nice PSI086 what car is that? I bought an excel x3 new leads n rocker cover gasket, service n shees all good. Front wheel drive 5 speed. Goes good for an absolute **** box pease of ****
Cheers ppl
---------- Post added 10-10-12 at 01:58 ----------
Cheap cars, good times, can't help but smile when I think of all the happy days these cars have brought me
0 likes
10-10-12, 07:06 GMT+10#12 hahaha man my mate done it in his Gemini bout 5 years ago and when he sold that he got a HG Kingswood 253 and done it to that too! was the funniest sh-t! Literally slow motion donuts in the HG hahaha
0 likes
10-10-12, 08:11 GMT+10#13 gemini's and dirt roads go hand in hand!
vin-vlt: i did that with a corona i had years ago, stock auto corona doing topgear brakies was the funniest shit i think ive ever done in a car
0 likes
10-10-12, 10:31 GMT+10#14 Yeah +1 for geminis, welded diff, lowered and it the fun will be endless on any dirt/wet road.
There how I learnt to drive in paddocks.
0 likes
21-10-12, 16:48 GMT+10#15 This thread is a cracker!
The best car under 4k that I ever owned was a 4 door liftback manual 4age twin cam corolla. Bought it for $50 bucks, threw in a battery, some 98 octane fuel.
I had that thing bouncing off the limiter at 7,500 rpm no dramas.
Hit speed humps at 80 clicks would send you air born for ten metres, not to mention the chirping, the hand brake turns, and Ronnie roll backs. Best $50 I ever spent.
0 likes
21-10-12, 17:53 GMT+10#16 I struggle to believe you get air borne for 10 meters from hitting speed humps at 80, I used to do it in one of my ke70s and you don't get much air, its just a big bump lol
0 likes
21-10-12, 20:53 GMT+10#17 Definitely got air, was realistically probly half that, but at the time it felt further.
I was more surprised that it held together.
0 likes
21-10-12, 22:24 GMT+10#18 5 speed e30 or e36 bimmer
this ones killer bro
http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d....5&sort=~Price (http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/bmw-323i-1985-13512440?base=1216&vertical=Car&cr=6&eapi=2&__N=1246+1247+1252+1282+4294967079+1216+1622&num=15&silo=Stock&Range=Price:Min,5000~0.5&sort=~Price)
0 likes