Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

TYC headlights total garbage. Where can I buy DEPO brand ones? They have to be better

Started by VL_JOHN · 1 Oct 2012 · 6 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

VL_JOHNArchived member
The quality of VL TYC brand headlights has always been a bit sus but they've been acceptable. However, I'm disgusted by the quality of the latest set I've fitted to a car. They seem to have made the plastic of the rear housing thinner, probably to save costs. Because of this the rubber dust boots no longer fit properly. I've had to cable tie them on to stop moisture and dust getting in. They also seem to sit further back in the nose cone than the old TYCs, causing a gap at the front. I had to bend and modify the clips that hold the high beam bulbs in. The reflectors on the high beams are full of grit ad dust from when they were coated. To top it off, I washed the car lastnight and one of them now has condensation on the inside. I give it 12 months before the reflector will be stuffed. I once saw DEPO brand headlights for sale on ebay but can't seem to find them. Does anyone know where you can get them from? I'm hoping their quality is better. I have DEPO lights on my WRX and their quality is good...
0 likes
FATPSIArchived member
All crash in meltbourne think there number is 03 95487109 from memory
0 likes
fleasArchived member
Saw a set on a VL once and they seemed to fit well. They're from Taiwan so maybe they're kinbd of linked to TYC???? www.depo.com.tw (http://www.depo.com.tw)
0 likes
jbonezArchived member
Depo are Taiwanese also but they are in the top 10 brands in Taiwan alot of the stuff the make is ADR approved the VL headlamps that all crash does are ADR which is handy SSS auto parts all crash competition I guess do alot of TYC not roadlegal ****
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
just put a tyc reflector in a vl headlight? I've put gmh glass on a tyc light and while yeah its a little less weighty it seems alright. mine are from a pretty old batch though
0 likes
*LOACH*Archived member
The reflector idea sounds great, there is a thread here http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=112057 about how to do it. I wonder if the manufacturers would sell just the reflector...maybe if we got a group buy together?? Is there any interest in this? If they would sell them at the right price I would buy two pairs.
0 likes
VL_JOHNArchived member
Thanks people..
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today109

11,540 threads, 87,530 posts and 1,153 images saved from CT

33.7% of indexed threads saved