Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Amp for subwoofer advice.

Started by VLdyl · 30 Sept 2012 · 5 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

VLdylArchived member
Hi guys, I know the producer's side of sound but when it comes to car sound it stumps me. I've bought a 300w RMS sub for my car, but I don't know what amp I'll need. All I know is I need the amp's RMS wattage to match the sub's RMS, but I don't think it's that simple. It's a 4ohm impedance sub, can I still run that from a 2ohm amp? Should I buy a 2 channel and breach it or not, or should I buy a 4 channel and breach it on that so I can still run other speakers from the amp?
0 likes
silverRBArchived member
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ARl08QN...rs_wiring.html (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ARl08QNn9oa/learn/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html)
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
Just buy a 4 channel amp & run 2 channels parallel(mono).
0 likes
silverRBArchived member
Or you could sell your sub. And buy all my gear...and blow the arse out of your car http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=261394 Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
WoggsterArchived member
Will something like this do the job for you? http://www.soundmaster.com.au/Kenwoo...fier/KAC8105D/ (http://www.soundmaster.com.au/Kenwood-KAC-8105D-Performance-Series-Class-D-Mono-Power-Amplifier/KAC8105D/)
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
What type of deck are you using?
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today108

10,445 threads, 74,733 posts and 919 images saved from CT

30.5% of indexed threads saved