Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

R33 GTS (non-turbo) gearbox durability

Started by VLT222 · 27 Sept 2012 · 4 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

VLT222Archived member
Hey guys, now before I get hassled, I did do a search but couldn't find what I was looking for, so I decided to make this thread... I was just wondering how strong an r33 GTS (non-turbo) gearbox is against a standard turbo setup in my vl? The setup will contain pretty much standard item's.. so maybe around the 200rwkw mark. If it makes a difference it also has a vl turbo diff in it. So basically since the r33 box's are strong units from factory, will it be able to handle that sort of power or will I definatly need a least a gts-t box?
0 likes
sherman89Archived member
They are basically the same as rb20/na Vl Boxs. You need 33 gtst.
0 likes
WoggsterArchived member
afaik same as non turbo RB boxes. My mate f**ked one at standard power output.
0 likes
VLT222Archived member
Fair enough, so a gts-t box will need to be acquired..
0 likes
The_MonkArchived member
They run a W71C, same as RB20/CA18/SR20. Junk gearbox.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 6 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today97

7,520 threads, 49,831 posts and 725 images saved from CT

22.0% of indexed threads saved