Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Ls1 stato computer/auto problem.help! Plz.

Started by mjsls1 · 26 Sept 2012 · 1 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

mjsls1Archived member
ok so this will test the best of yas, as short as I can, my auto wont change into 2nd unless I back off, so I took it to an auto joint an asked him to fix my shift solanoids, engine light on. He called n said the auto is fine! At this point I was wondering if he was takin the piss. Doesnt even need a service he said. He spent 2 hours trying to work it out. It showed no diagnostic codes???? So he said 50 bucks will do an id sell it, its gonna cost hundreds its electrical n needs to go to holden. Now I tthink he even more of a ****head to sell 8 to 10 grand car over hundreds. Called holden, 110 bucks to plug in n tel me what to do. Caseys automotive thought same as me SHIFT SOLANOIDS, just know how much it could cost me just trying to work out what it is. I was thinkin take a punt n get a new computer for round 300 n hopefuly prob solved??? But it couldnt be that bloody simple. Sorry for long thread but I found the problem an intresting challeng n thought yous mite 2. First to help me solve an save me some coin ill drop u a slab of ur choice if not further then 2 hour drive. Cheers
0 likes
FRASHDArchived member
Won't be PCM. The ls1 PCM controls engine and auto. Never seen a PCM fail. Problem will be I auto. We fix 4l60e autos all the tie
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today100

8,978 threads, 62,092 posts and 788 images saved from CT

26.2% of indexed threads saved