Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
hi fellas,
just thinking about getting one of those rb30 billet thermostat (inlet & outlet) for my vl from ebay. just wanting to know if anyone has had any issues with them inc. any leaks, fitting probs, or problems with the seller eg-taking too long to arrive...
cheers guys
0 likes
I've got both, never had a problem champ
0 likes
I got them, they both had to be redrilled to match the holes on the engine itself. Bit ****house considering how expensive they are. they look quite good, but if you consider the fact that once the hoses are on they will basically not be visible, they're not worth the money. Unless yours are rusted and busted..
0 likes
Never had a problem with mine... But I only put the top one on so the bottom one will still work as the sacrificial anode.
0 likes
cheers guys,
yeh sounds **** if u had to have em redrilled avg45. did anyone else have to redrill theres like avg45 did to make em fit?
thanks
0 likes
I have a set on my motor and i had to re drill the thermostat housing. waste of money.
0 likes
Try pro flo, pretty sure they stock there own.. Unless it was just the fermostat housing i remember? Check there website, you know where you stand with a big company. No hassels.
0 likes
maby yours was for an rb25?
a mate brought a thermostat housing to suit an rb30 assuming it would fit a 25 and it didnt.
anyone got a link to the listing?
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWAGONIT
[View Post]
maby yours was for an rb25?
a mate brought a thermostat housing to suit an rb30 assuming it would fit a 25 and it didnt.
anyone got a link to the listing?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RB30-BILLET-THERMOSTAT-HOUSING-SET-VL-COMMODORE-TURBO-/120761897952?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item 1c1df853e0#ht_1046wt_922 (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RB30-BILLET-THERMOSTAT-HOUSING-SET-VL-COMMODORE-TURBO-/120761897952?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c1df853e0#ht_1046wt_922)
0 likes
30-09-12, 14:05 GMT+10#10 Hey guys these are anodised just incase you wanted to weld fittings to them I was told there raw billet so I gave him bad feed back I haven't tryd putting them on the engine yet
0 likes