Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

jpc sump help

Started by SL1987 · 19 Sept 2012 · 17 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

SL1987Archived member
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone here is running a jpc modified sump and has had any problems with it?
0 likes
PSI086Archived member
Yep and its the biggest piece of **** I have ever seen. I think the blind work experience kid welded it up cos it leaked like a sieve. Quality at its finest After trying to fuse it over with the tig in the car Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
DeVLArchived member
ROFL what the **** look at those welds
0 likes
vltrb-0Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by PSI086 [View Post] I think the blind work experience kid welded it up cos it leaked like a sieve. haha cheers for the new sig
0 likes
<NICK>Archived member
Lol ! .... Fairly bad workmanship
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
Looks like a high energy sump would be a better choice.
0 likes
CleatusArchived member
I expect better welds from the apprentice at work!
0 likes
MBHSV5Archived member
jesus thats horrible! thought JPC made good quality parts?? lol
0 likes
LOJ37Archived member
Doubt they would let that **** out the door, I got a ASR sump only thing was to change was power steering line to pump
0 likes
CleatusArchived member
seen some of the welds on KD747? bit ordinary
0 likes
CotchArchived member
Lmao that is ****ed.
0 likes
SL1987Archived member
Lol that fills me with confidence... well mine doesn't leak although the welds are to be honest **** house... are there any other problems with them picking up oil n such?
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
I have a feeling - but don't quote me on this as fact, but I 'heard' that JPC outsource some of their welding work. My brother who is a welder by trade saw my exhaust manifold 'made by JPC' and did raise an eyebrow at it. I have been more than happy with JPC's work in other areas though, the turbo I bought was first class, the dyno tuning was excellent and the service is always very very good. I think 'quality control' issues like this happen with every business - what is important is that if you're unhappy with the product you let them know ASAP so they have a chance to rectify it.
0 likes
<NICK>Archived member
i agree with morgz , there work is pretty much spot on .... as i used to be a customer of them allthough i was under the assumption that the younger bloke they have working with them does the welding for them ... as well as i saw him welding things a few times
0 likes
SL1987Archived member
Yeah I agree, I've used heaps of there stuff and know they usually make good stuff... just I was bit iffy on the sump so thought I'd see if anyone who's using one would know anything
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
What did they quote you to do the job??
0 likes
SL1987Archived member
I bought it new second hand for 400
0 likes
pigsyArchived member
l would have rang up mark and told him and got him to fix it that looks like crap
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today108

10,819 threads, 79,073 posts and 983 images saved from CT

31.6% of indexed threads saved