Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
I have a Vl Calais with a 308. It used to be an RB30 and has a single electric fan. There is no fan off the water pump. I am trying to tidy up the engine and get it running - is it best to run with the single electric fan, replace the single with a twin electric fan, or forget about these and install a viscous fan off the pump?
Any input would be greatly appreciated
0 likes
I'm currently running the factory viscous. The au twin thermo fan is a good upgrade. The factory viscous is good. Probably the cheapest option. There is a couple on trademe at the moment if that helps.
0 likes
At least with a viscous you can be assured it's gonna work when it needs to.
Plus there's no annoying wiring to install
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Go viscous ! moves way more air than any electric fan, excellent if you like the odd skid. You can buy new viscous oil for you fan from bnt too.
0 likes
Thanks for the help. Just bought a viscous fan. I now need to sort out a shroud!
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes