Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

SRP pistons and PMS rods are they any good?

Started by 86whiteb1 · 14 Sept 2012 · 5 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

86whiteb1Archived member
Hi all, building an engine with srp pistons and precision motor sport full floating rods. Is any one running these? I've been told by some they are really good and not noisey on cold starts. Can any one attest to these. Any help would be great.
0 likes
boosted_wagonArchived member
srp are je so they are as good as they come, im running pms rods and seem to be good i havent had a drama yet
0 likes
86whiteb1Archived member
Sweet! Cheers mate. Hadn't heard much about them. How much power you runnin? What about psi? I'm gonna be running 12 for street, 25 for strip.
0 likes
boosted_wagonArchived member
once tuned in december were estimating around the 400-450rwkw ar around the 30psi
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
I'm running Precision motorsport HP steel conrods. Good bang for buck rods I reckon. Rated 700HP +
0 likes
86whiteb1Archived member
Sweet! Thanks for all the info. I'm doing an experiment to see just how much power I can get out of the original turbo (highflowed To 500hp hypergear spec), standard turbo inlet and exhaust manifold, and nistune board in ecu. But I'm building it bullet proof so after I've seen what the standard parts can do, I can go all out with bolt ons later. Oh and I'll be running 750cc injectors.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today32

20,469 threads, 241,327 posts and 2,526 images saved from CT

59.8% of indexed threads saved