Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
I can smell fuel in my cabin sometimes. My mechanic told me it is because I don't have a catch can from the top of my rocker cover the the holes are just open. I think I have a leek somewhere anyone's thought would be appreciated thanks.
0 likes
your mechanic told you the fuel smell is from the rocker cover? that would give you an oil smell not a fuel. Do you run a fuel pump setup in the boost of your car? if so its more likely you have the fuel hose you are running as the smell can come through that and into the cabin.
0 likes
Nah I don't everything is basic well his apprentice told me not him. So it would be a leaking hose somewhere
0 likes
leaking injectors probably
0 likes
try checking the hoses on the tank they deteriorate over time, take the splash guard off the rear wheel arch near the tank youll see them there
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal350
[View Post]
try checking the hoses on the tank they deteriorate over time, take the splash guard off the rear wheel arch near the tank youll see them there
yeah could be, i forgot about that regular issue
0 likes
Had that problem once. It was the injector hose's that run from the fuel rail to the injector. The injector hose is only a couple of cm long. They were perished & weeping.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
p.s. don't smoke in or round the car till you find the problem.
0 likes
had the same problem it was injector hose from rail to injector
0 likes
12-09-12, 19:12 GMT+10#10 Thank everyone for the info...!!! Insane vl I don't smoke
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes