Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
What did you guys torque your ARP main studs to in RB30's?
Factory spec is 54 Nm
I just received my set and the paper says the set is for some subaru engine head studs. 90ft/p or 120Nm is the torque spec for them. Does this sound right for main studs in an RB30?
0 likes
http://arpinstructions.com/
Follow the link, needs the kit number
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 Chaser
[View Post]
http://arpinstructions.com/
Follow the link, needs the kit number
I put the kit number into that link last night came up with 90ft/lbs, the kit instructions say the studs are for some subaru engine. Just seems like alot of torque for main studs.
---------- Post added 30-08-12 at 18:29 ----------
Has any one assembled their motor and held down their main cradle with 90ft/lbs and arp studs?
0 likes
Christ this is going back a while. But from memory the last tension was 120ft/lbs with a ACL multi layered steel head gasket.
(http://www.aclperformance.com.au/prod_g_proseal.htm)
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro_Speed
[View Post]
I put the kit number into that link last night came up with 90ft/lbs, the kit instructions say the studs are for some subaru engine. Just seems like alot of torque for main studs.
---------- Post added 30-08-12 at 18:29 ----------
Has any one assembled their motor and held down their main cradle with 90ft/lbs and arp studs?
I sent a message to my engine builder, hopefully he gets back to me soon.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTURBO
[View Post]
Christ this is going back a while. But from memory the last tension was 120ft/lbs with a ACL multi layered steel head gasket.
(http://www.aclperformance.com.au/prod_g_proseal.htm)
Main studs, not head studs
0 likes
He thinks 70ft/lbs but will try to find out more definite
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 Chaser
[View Post]
He thinks 70ft/lbs but will try to find out more definite
Thanks for your help guys, I went through the part numbers for RB series ARP main studs and found part number 202-5406. It has the instructions for RB series main studs (200,000psi 10mm dia) and says to torque to 60ft/lbs.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukz
[View Post]
Main studs, not head studs
ahhh, doh LOL.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
31-08-12, 20:17 GMT+10#10 So 120ft/lb for arp head studs?
0 likes
01-09-12, 11:57 GMT+10#11 I did mine head studs to 90ft/and mains to 80ft/lb havent had a drama yet
0 likes
04-09-12, 21:08 GMT+10#12 I tension rb30 arp main studs to 60ftlb.
70ftlb standard diameter head studs.
And 130ftlb for 1/2" head studs.
0 likes