Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

What engine to put in my vl Calais

Started by 1pommy2 · 21 Aug 2012 · 15 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

1pommy2Archived member
Hey I have 15000 to spend on engine n gearbox n **** and I'm no rev head n don't know much about engines and turbos so I was just wondering if anyone cud give me a help with wat engine I shud put in my vl n either if I shud twin turbo or just a single turbo any help wud be appreciated thnks
0 likes
FLY-03LArchived member
Id put a 202 red motor in it but thats just me. Were you looking at....... V8, RB30, turbo? Power/performace expectation? Drag car or street car?
0 likes
RB-GEMArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by FLY-03L [View Post] Id put a 202 red motor in it but thats just me. Were you looking at....... V8, RB30, turbo? Power/performace expectation? Drag car or street car? Na man , I'd put a 500 shot of gas through the standard Rb30e ......... If it was mine LS1/6 sp . Standard looking on the outside
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
buy a complete setup from someone that wants to sell up, cheapest way to get a big setup
0 likes
1pommy2Archived member
I want big hp for a street car
0 likes
robp30lArchived member
I'll sell u my set up. Pm me if u like
0 likes
1pommy2Archived member
Anyone got any other ideas
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Evinrude 2 stroke
0 likes
GouldyArchived member
Briggs n Stratton 5hp
0 likes
jbonezArchived member
Turbo starfire
0 likes
yortArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 1pommy2 [View Post] Hey I have 15000 to spend on engine n gearbox n **** and I'm no rev head Lol
0 likes
1pommy2Archived member
Whats funny?
0 likes
5spdvlArchived member
If you're no revhead, you wouldn't be spending $15K on a box and motor. You'd spend $3K on a Camry and we'd never see you again.
0 likes
Bro_SpeedArchived member
you can give me the car and 15K and I can make it go vroooom for you now worries.
0 likes
leb vltArchived member
Buy my setup, u even get a built diff!
0 likes
1pommy2Archived member
Rb26dett or a rb25 single turbo??
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today31

20,264 threads, 237,103 posts and 2,512 images saved from CT

59.2% of indexed threads saved