Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

How to tell the difference???

Started by Nackerz · 20 Aug 2012 · 8 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

NackerzArchived member
Hey guys, Can anyone help me on how to tell the difference between the stock N/A camshaft and the stock Turbo camshaft? If you can help, I would appreciate it Have done a search and couldn't find the answer! Thanks ---------- Post added 20-08-12 at 20:52 ---------- Ok I got this, the cam lobe height should be between 39.537- 39.727mm if its turbo if its na its 39.242 39.432 mm But is there any visual markings? Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
Any on the front of the shaft??
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
Nothing on the front. I just brought a genuine a8 un-opened motor. I had a look and they look at both ends and no marks on either end Maybe just have to measure the lift and see what cam it is that way
0 likes
leb vltArchived member
Why if uv bought a "genuine unopened a8 motor" would u suspect the cam to have been changed?
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
I don't at all. I just wanted to know.... Just being curios I guess
0 likes
xAsh-Archived member
try taking it to a cam place and see if they can measure it for you, maybe take an NA with you as well
0 likes
cookie747Archived member
goto clive cam and he will tell you
0 likes
Wkd_VlArchived member
i got the specs from the holden manual. guess the only thing left to do is take the cam out and measure
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
Yeah, I will just take it to work and measure it. It was more of a thread to see if there was any visual differences. But thanks for the reply's guy's. Cheers. Might do it Monday if I get the chance.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today14

16,690 threads, 166,549 posts and 1,890 images saved from CT

48.7% of indexed threads saved