Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hey guys, I have a microtech lt-12 ( configured for rb25 )I have seen a fair few vls running lt-12s on rb30 but not lt-12 I can't seem to find info on besides being off a 25. My mate thats ment to wire it up and tune it swares you can ( using ls1 coils) But I spoke to 2 diff guys at microtech and they say you can't.. Supposedly you can't get the timing correct due to crank trigger or something like being different on the 25 compared to rb30 but mate has plenty of experiance tuning cars and says it can still be done and microtech are trippin.. So I'm in a bit of a tough spot at the moment and have to make do with what I have. Yes I know I would like a haltech or any other expensive ecu but this is what I have... Any gurus on here can help me out. Thanks
Sorry for wall of text on mobile
0 likes
hey mate i got a microtech lt 16 which is th latest version i believe n i run that on my vlt rb30 i couldnt c y u can run lt12 mayb speak to locky at grange road auto he knows all when it comes to vl's
0 likes
microtech are correct.. different crank angle senors
0 likes
why not run an RB25 CAS off the front of the cam gear like EFI do. Then it has the right CAS
0 likes
you will find it hard to get a rb25 cas .. a rb20/rb26 are the same and that "should" work if you mod it to suite a rb30. but again a bit of dikin round.
Otherwise you could send back to microtech and they will charge you 500 to remap
Personally I would sell you microsh1t and but another to suite a rb30...
good luck
0 likes
Sorry for late reply, forgot to reply a while back. Yeah mate said about pulling apart a cas off a twin cam and modding it for the rb30.. decided against going with the microtech as told its to much messing around just keep it simple, no point modding stuff up to try to make things work. Was going to go back to nistune which i didnt really want to do by the time i got nistune,z32 and messed around modding it to run the z32, i decided to get a haltech.
cheers
0 likes